Thursday, July 12, 2007

Dog Days Swap Spoiler Answers

So I got a few questions from my spoiler (Hey, Spoiler) today and thought I'd better get them answered so as not to keep her waiting...

1. How long have you been knitting socks? Do you have any sock knitting books?
I've been knitting socks since last September, so not quite a year. I have two sock books - "Socks Soar on Two Circulars" and "Sensational Knitted Socks"...I have my eye on that new book that's coming out in August though, "Knitting Circles Around Socks" it has instructions for knitting two socks on the same two circulars, at the same time! Can you imagine? I tried to figure that one out back in March while we were vacationing in Mobile but I just couldn't do it.

2. Do you spin or dye your own yarn?
I do not spin, except in my office chair, hee, nor do I dye, not even my hair. :-)

3. Do you have any subscriptions to knitting magazines? Vogue Knitting? Interweave Knits?
I have no subscriptions to knitting magazines, although The Saint thinks I subscribe to every magazine in the world. I do Fons & Porter (a quilting mag), Martha Stewart Living, Gourmet and Everyday w/Rachel Ray right now, oh, and Nutrition Action Newsletter and Body & Soul and I share Plain & Simple and O with my daughter, she pays and I read those...maybe I do get every magazine, ha-ha-ha-ha! I do pick up Interweave and Vogue in the LYS though.

4. One of your hobbies is cooking... Do you have a favorite chef? What type of cuisine do you like to cook the most?
I am in a quandry about the favorite chef question. There are certain qualities I like about several different chefs so if I could make a model out of parts of several...here would be the short list... Nigella...her food is so humble and she's always looks great while she's cooking...Tyler Florence...he's the cutest boy and uses simple ingredients...Jamie Oliver...I love how he talks and can whip up a fabo meal for a bunch of people with just a couple of ingredients and everybody always has a great time...Rachel Ray...the most practical of all and I guess that's because she isn't really a chef. I have 3 of her cookbooks (in my collection of 103 cookbooks, many of which are vegetarian - you need your veggies!) ...Alton Brown...he is the great educator of The Food Network...always funny and has some great information...am I boring you yet? Sorry. I get carried away when I start thinking about cooking and eating, especially eating, really good food. Last Fall I bought this really fabulous, shiny stainless, dual-fuel, double oven range...I love it!

What type of cuisine do you like to cook the most? My fav recipe is for Burmese Chicken and I make a killer Linguine w/red clam sauce (Italian), I also enjoy making Figgy Scones.

5. Do you live near a Starbucks? Yes, several, there's even one in our local grocery store

I'll bet you thought this was going to be a few simple questions didn't you? HA!

Thanks for askin! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Nichole said...

Hey wait - more than 2 dogs? I thought you had 3 dogs??? I"m confused ... lol

Btw, I added your link to my fave blogs on my blog sidebar... =}

Anonymous said...

You're giving some great ideas for you package.....

Your lurking dishcloth spoiler