Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ah, Spring!

scroll down for knitting and crocheting content as there actually is some

Greetings! Welcome to spring in West Michigan. There's lots of mud for the dogs to run in.
The lillies are coming up in our backyard and the fence has been put up til said yard dries out, much to Max's dismay.

Otherwise, Sam will run across the soft lawn kickin up clods like a horse and all The Saint's hard work putting down the sod a couple of years ago will be for naught...can't have that. Just a small area with snow left, in the shade by the garage. If we're lucky, there will be no more this year. ...Max surveys her kingdom from the deck. The pets have access to the driveway and a small patch of yard for their "business doing" but the majority of yard is off limits for at least the next few weeks. We'll be taking walks again. They'll be so excited I won't be able to get them in their leashes for at least 10 minutes, why don't they realize we can be on our way faster if they'll just be still for a second?

I have this...








and I'm gonna cast-on this...Ribbed Lace
from this book...









I have 50% of the body done for my first, and not last, one of these...

and the second Killer Biller sock is about 40% complete.

I've also been dabbling in a bit of crochet...

using the remnants of my EZ ASJ.

And I've been swatching









for this...
I find my thoughts in a swirl. It's difficult to concentrate, I have way too many things going and on Thursday I actually bought a book! When do I think I'll have time to read, you ask. I don't have a clue. Even a few quilty thoughts have crossed my mind lately too. Must-resist-the-quilty-thoughts. There is no room for any more stuff to be out in my office/sewing room. I'll stick with the knitting for now. It takes up less surface space.

I'll leave you with this last item I started Thursday evening and completed yesterday for a baby shower gift (twin girls)...


I was hoping to be able to stylishly pose these little gems but since I was sewing the buttons on them at 11am and the shower invitation said that the festivities were to start at 11am I figured I'd better snap a couple of quick shots and be on my way. I'll make another pair and pose them artistically at a later date, lol.

Everybody have a great week. Hope you have sunshine where you are too.

13 comments:

Amy said...

So...what book did you buy?

Bubblesknits said...

You've been busy! I love the little baby booties. :-)

clarabelle said...

Those bootees are adorable! I also like the colour of your Gems yarn, and the lace sock pattern.

Hope the doggies can get back on 'their' lawn soon! We're still virtually snow-free this winter...

Grace Yaskovic said...

the booties are just so cute!!! The sun comes and goes but thank goodness none of the snow they were predicting!!

Nichole said...

So you've been busy, huh? :) Love that sock yarn!!!

Linda said...

Busy girl!

Rena said...

Lovin the booties. They turned out oh so cute. I am glad you got them done in time to adorn the gift. So much knitting so little time.

Alana - Knit Wit said...

Oh My... those little shoes are so cute! Just adorable!

We're still waitin' on spring. Have had some melting, but still lots of the white stuff on the ground.

Purl said...

Lots of wonderful knitting and crocheting going on! I've wanted to make some of the knitted babes. And the book sounds fantastic!

LesleyD said...

I love Louett Gems!! That sock yarn rules!! The bootees are adorable!! I love the green ones! What yarn did you use for them?

Gnat said...

The booties look great!! MUD dogs love the MUD!!!

wildflower38 said...

Those booties are so cute!

I've wanted to make the Ribbed Lace socks for myself for awhile now.

Max will love to walks the sites the smells...

JessaLu said...

Wow you've been busy! That dress is going to be so cute!