Monday, May 5, 2008

organization vs creativity

Happy Monday everybody!


I often wonder does anyone else have the same little quirks that I have...like not being able to create in a disorganized/cluttered space? I can ignore clutter just so long and then I have to go crazy with the cleaning.

Yesterday was the day that I couldn't take it anymore. I woke up yesterday and was on a mission...at the end of a long, strenuous day (with some muscle help from The Saint) I have a nicely organized, dust-free space in which to set my mind free, ahhh.

What a great morning it is!

On Saturday I ripped back the bodice straps of the crochet dress, I just didn't like the fit of it. The arm hole was too low and made it look frumpy. Obviously it was designed for someone taller than I. I ripped down so I could remove about 2 inches of the bodice and now I can carry on with the straps and finishing.


I can certainly see the end of this project that started on March 8. It took me a couple weeks longer than I would have thought but overall I got it done in a reasonable amount of time. It's difficult to get things done when you have to live the rest of your life at the same time. ;-)

I started a new sock too. I had about 3 inches of the Ribbed Lace sock from Sensational Knitted Socks done and wasn't liking how it looked. I must have been doing one of the stitches incorrectly as it was not nice and smooth like the illustration. The Louet Gems will now be a plain stockinette sock. It's going nice and fast and I don't need any instructions! A good on-the-go project.

Gotta run, it's time to go to work. I'll probably have some things to add later but I'm out of time...

Tonight I have to be the official notary at an event this evening...trying to break the Guinness World Records for number of shots of tequila downed simultaneously, the goal is 1500...doesn't that sound like fun?

6 comments:

Nichole said...

Your space looks so relaxing!!! I get the same way and had planned to vacuum and clean this weekend, but Clappy got the best of me...

Grace Yaskovic said...

Congrats on the space, I envy you!! I love my apartment to death but one more room even 1/2 a room would be so cool, oh well!!!

Rena said...

Love your newly organized space. Don't tell the chef he will start movin stuff around at my house :)

Bubblesknits said...

Sometimes I do that too. LOL That's typically when the hubby and kids go hide in the back yard and leave Mama to her insane cleaning binge.

Can't wait to see the dress!

clarabelle said...

I'm totally with you on not being able to create (or do anything else!) in a messy place.

And good luck with the knits (I'm waiting with bated breath for the first sight of that crocheted dress..)!

Take care with the tequila!

wildflower38 said...

I'm excited to see the crocheted dress! Looks pretty.