Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sharing

This morning Val & Wes, Jared & Tammy and I shared a ride to breakfast at our favorite breakfast spot.

I'll share with you all today's knitting...











A scarf in a broken rib pattern (k2,p1 in both directions) made with Nashua Sitar.

The gang that regularly hangs out at City Knitting shared responsibilities for answering the phone, winding yarn, helping folks with their stitches and interpreting patterns. Most of the regular staff was off tending a vendor booth at Knit Michigan today.

Rita and I shared a few stories about our past lives...we have much in common.

Christine and I shared lunch from the new Indian Cuisine restaurant over on Wealthy St. It was yummy!

When we returned my friend Shine was at CK...I shared a bag of sock yarn remnants for her mitered square blanket and she shared this little treasure...


thrown by her hands and fired in her kiln, it has a beautiful, deep, shiny glaze...thanks Shine!

I love sharing.

ETA: Shine has an Etsy shop here, go check out her stuff.

6 comments:

Grace said...

that bowl is totally awesome!!! Someday I will not buy yarn and buy me a bowl!

Linda said...

Cool yarn bowl.

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I would love to have a yarn bowl very pretty and froggy looks like he is having fun to:)Hugs Darcy

Nichole said...

I LOVE that yarn bowl... so very cool!!! She needs an etsy shop because I need one! :)

wildflower38 said...

Awesome bowl!!!

AllyB said...

posted by Shine and rejected by me in error - I'm a dope sometimes, lol:

the bowls are still so small. I knit with small yarn, and so I'm having a hard time working them up to sizes that people can use for heavier weigh