Friday, June 1, 2012

If it's Friday,it's fiber

What a short week! Here we are back at Friday again. I'm so glad you're here and hope you had a great holiday weekend. Did you get a chance to do something with fiber?

I've made good progress on the third sample sock for Yarn Hollow this week. It's a very easy pattern and yet it looks so difficult.  What do you think?
I cast on a sock for myself last night while hanging with my knitting/spinning peeps. The first few rows of the cuff were looking like confetti but then I got a nice red-ish stripe so I'm pretty excited to see how this is going to look when finished.

Emily was snarking about my crazy taste in sock yarn, LOL...now why would I want to knit boring socks? I want to be sure that folks will notice them. Nobody notices boring socks, jeez.

I've decided to sell my Ashford Traditional spinning wheel. Gotta get my photos together and get a CL ad written up. I've got a jumbo flyer for it too so I'm thinking I should be able to get a good price for it. I could use some space in my office and I've been so happy with my LadyBug that I feel like I'm cheating when I spin on the Ashford. Silly, I know.
We had a successful pulled pork-a-thon over the holiday weekend. The Saint and I spent 20 minutes telling each other "stop eating the pork!" on Saturday when it came out of the smoker. Yum! I like it best before it's smothered in sauce.


Be sure to biggie-size the photos so you can see how awesome that pork was.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday everyone! Please leave a comment so I know you've been here. Go check out the creative peeps on the FAF board over on Andrea's blog...Wisdom Begins In Wonder.


11 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

I like the pattern for Rita's sock. I may have to check that out. Haha, yeah, because I'm a sock knitting queen ;-) more like a sock lovin' queen.

I can't wait to see what your yarn knits into also. Variegated and patterned yarns are always a surprise.

Ah, isn't that the wheel that traveled from Floriduh to find you? I know what you mean though. My traditional wheel sits too.

Heather Woollove said...

I love the design on your blue sock so far, and I completely agree...hand-knitted socks should POP with color and attract attention. (Kind of like colorful flowers drawing bees or something!!) Giggle

Nichole said...

LOVE that blue yarn! Your food photos on Instagram really make me want to come visit!

Andria said...

That sock pattern DOES look complicated! I agree too, who wants boring socks? I like the crazy wool.

Jess Schleicher said...

The sample sock is so very cool. I wish I was more proficient at knitting socks. I WOULD NOTICE! Anyway, your picks of pulled pork got my mouth watering... and does little dog sit at your feet as you cook like my Aggie?

Vivian said...

I hope LittleDog got his share of the feast. You've inspired me to make my own pulled pork sandwich, always a big hit in this house.

Your new sample sock looks divine, very interesting pattern!

Voie de Vie said...

OhMyBob, that pulled pork looks really yummy. Want some. Now, please. :)

And I love that shot of LittleDog. Give him some scraps for me.

Melissa said...

I think the sock for Rita looks great. I agree about making boring plain colored socks. I don't even care if they don't match my outfit!

Alittlebitsheepish said...

The blue sock yarn is a gorgeous colour. And I agree about bright socks,self striping yarn is great, I enjoy watching the stripes appear. The pulled pork looks gorgeous, we don't have it over here and I always think it looks so delicious. Hope little dog got a bit!

Kathryn Ray said...

Oh my gosh, I think I "liked" each of your porky posts on facebook. I love pulled pork... a smoker has been on our "to acquire" list for a very long time.

... and regarding the fiber? Let me stop drooling first. ;-)

I think wild hand-knit socks are always the way to go... of course my current ones are a very respectable green. ;-)

Truly Myrtle said...

I love the sample sock - can't wait to see it done!
Yum to the pork... my mouth is watering... and - oh I'd love a wheel! If I lived closer....