Friday, August 12, 2011

He's packed and ready to go...

on his annual Canadian fishing expedition.  I usually have a clandestine home improvement project waiting to start the minute he pulls out of the driveway, not this year.  I haven't thought of any great project I'd like to get away with and now that my social life is so busy I don't have time for painting or ripping up carpet or moving furniture.

I will have time for spinning and knitting and scouring some fleece in the next week though.  Tomorrow I'm meeting a group of friends from the knitting/spinning group to see The Help.  I can hardly wait since I loved the book.  I hope it's as good as or it will be a disappointment.

Before I forget, be sure to check out all the other crafty peeps that post to Andrea's Fiber Arts Friday blog.  With just a week to go til Michigan Fiber Festival some of us are getting pretty excited.  I'll be attending a class on fiber combing with Beth Smith that should be fun and educational.

I've been diligently working on the Kill Bill sock, it has grown a bit but on size 0 needles it's a slow go.

This is about half of one braid of the pretty fiber Rena brought me spun and it is looking pretty nice.  I've been so spoiled by the alpaca and Jacob that I've been spinning that this dyed merino seems a bit sticky.  Nothing glides through your hands like alpaca...right Andrea?!
We've had some scary news about our grand-dog, Bucca having some type of lymphoma...he's had his first chemo treatment this week and it seems to be doing it's job.  A few good thoughts in his direction would certainly be appreciated, thank you.
Isn't he a beautiful boy?  He is a Vizsla, a trained therapy dog and loves to hang out at the dog park with his Mom.

Thank you for visiting, if you post a comment I'll know you've been by.  Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

I can't wait for MFF too. I really wanted to take Beth's class but it just wasn't going to work. I plan way to much when I am there.

Hope the Saint brings back lots of fish for eating.

OOOOH, the Kill Bill Yarn is AWESOME! Yes, I am a wee bit high energy this morning hence the Caps and the exclamation points.

Heather Woollove said...

I hope your puppy does well in therapy and has a complete recovery!
Enjoy your 'solo time'! Make sure you take some time to do an absolutely whimsical or ridiculous thing while he's away, too!
We saw The Help yesterday and really enjoyed it. My 'tender' daughter and I were crying and the other two were a little glassy eyed. XXO-

Kim said...

Awesome stuff you are doing! Sending the Saint good travel and biting fish vibes. Been thinking about Bucca this morning. Hope he is doing well.

Dutch Hollow Acres said...

OH I hope your puppy gets better. I've had tumors removed from my dog several times and she's doing well now. So there is hope.

Melissa Plank said...

The combing class sounds really interesting, can't wait to see your follow up post. Sending healing thoughts to your grand-pup.

Kathryn Ray said...

It sounds like you have an excellent week coming up.

I hope the pup heals quickly and that the Saint has a prosperous trip.

Paulastark said...

You take the best picture. Hope that pup heals well. I am tingling with excitement for Fiber Fest. I am taking photographs for them.

Catherine said...

You certainly sound busy. I did not know The Help was being made into a film, I loved the book too. I recognised your grand-pup for a vizler, my friend has one, see here http://coffeecanine.blogspot.com/2011/08/elizabeth-speller-erwin.html Hope he makes a full recovery

Spinster Beth said...

Awww poor Bucca! Give him a scratch on the head for me!

Nichole said...

Enjoy your week! Sending good vibes for Bucca... keep us posted! He's a beauty.
I've got a couple contests going on now - hop on over!

Vivian said...

My thoughts are with Bucca, hope he recovers quickly.

I had to chuckle at your busy social life vs. home projects, I did just that last year when my guys went to a basketball camp for the weekend. they came home to red doors!

Nerdy Knitter said...

No home improvement projects :( just kidding!