Friday, April 13, 2012

The Ugly Sock is finished

After many days of knitting,
all the while wondering why I purchased this yarn in the first place,
I have a finished pair of socks
There was only that little bit of a yarn ball left. I don't believe I've ever used that much of a ball of sock yarn before.  This is just my plain o sock but since it was very fine sock yarn I cast on 84 sts and knit with Size 0 needles.  That was a lot of stitches! Glad their done and it's still cool enough to wear them to work tomorrow. Emily claims they're bullet-proof but whatever!

What do you think of the new Instragram photos? (#1 & #2) I think they make my socks look better.

I've been distracted by a little upholstery project
and I still need to get my pants sewn together. Work is still crazy busy and I run out of energy the minute I walk across my threshold. Maybe I'll get something done this weekend...

Have a great one for yourself. Thank you so much for stopping in to see what's going on here. You'll find lots of creative folks over at Wisdom Begins in Wonder too.

LittleDog could not escape the Instagram experimentation this week either...
Toodles!

10 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

I've seen a lot of people have switched over to Instagram. Aggh! Something new for me to try and get addicted to ;-)

LOVE the socks. Wowza on using that much yarn but they totally look worth it. I love the colors.

Is there a reason you used size 0? I assume you are already a tight knitter. Still so much to learn about sock knitting.

pinkundine said...

I love the ugly socks ;) But then I like crazy colourful socks!

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

Congratulations on your perseverance! Usually, if I start to dislike a project, it gets abandoned :)

We went to a pug meet-up at our neighbors' last night (there were 12 pugs there!) and I thought of you and Little Dog.

Dutch Hollow Acres said...

I don't think they're ugly! I like how the yarn worked up, lots of different designs to look at.

Nichole said...

I just downloaded the instagram app on my cell phone... have been seeing lots of you posting instagram pics to facebook@

Vivian said...

I have not been sucked into instagram yet, but now that Facebook bought them, it might just become part of Facebook app one day.

I want to pet the socks and say "you are not ugly" ....

Puppy kisses from Rascal to LittleDog :-)

Jocelyn said...

Not ugly socks -- they're done, wear them with pride!

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Super picture effects, and the socks are awesome not ugly. Handknit socks rock, especially in mad colours.

Spinster Beth said...

Wow, I've never knit anything on size 00 needles ... I like the sock color, I think they are very unique!

Kathryn Ray said...

I LOVE the socks! I like very simple, basic clothes and other textiles but I love crazy looking socks... most of mine have died, so I need to get busy making some. :-)

Your chair is awesome!

That's a great photo of Little Dog.