Friday, November 16, 2012

Russian Join and a finished blankie

I love the Russian Join...it is so simple, non-spitty (like a spit splice) and holds your ends together quite nicely. Next time you need to add more yarn for the project you're working on, give it a try. Mine was not too pretty but you can't really see it in among all the cables.
In answer to a few of your questions from last week...

Nichole, I could not leave my dogs outside after the skunking but, if I had, my house wouldn't have smelled so badly and I wouldn't have had to do load after load of laundry for a week.
Tamara, yes, they're cute but oh man the stink outweighed the cute for a few days.
Kathryn, I'd have to say I'd rather smell a skunk than a rotten egg, ew!
Beth, you made me laugh out loud, thank you for that. I really needed that laugh.
Andrea, all my fibery stuffs are in containers and at the opposite end of the house. They all survived.
Katie, skunk is also a smell you can taste...ugh
and Denise, I immediately heard Lynard Skynard singing.
Thank you all for the kind and supportive words. We've survived another week and today the peeps came and cleaned our air ducts. The bad smell is less everyday.

I've been busy knitting. The blanket is finished and needs to be blocked then gifted. I'm so happy to have it finished. I bound off 636 sts over two nights. I only wish I had bound off purl-wise as I think that would have looked better. Maybe I'll remember on the next one, hahahahaha!

Teaser pics for now. More after blocking.

What have you all been working on? I'm looking forward to seeing it in the Fiber Arts Friday posts.
Be sure to check out the other fibery peeps on Andrea's blog, Wisdom Begins In Wonder.
Sorry, can't pose now, I'm busy sleeping. Love, LittleDog

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Wow! I can't wait to see the blocked piece, that's some cables you've got there! Just wonderful :)

WonderWhyGal said...

Squeal! I can't wait to see the blocked blanket. It looks delicious right now. I'm surprised little dog didn't nest in it.

Kathryn Ray said...

I'm happy to hear that things are smelling better at your house.

Looking forward to seeing the blocked blankie.

Vivian said...

Can't wait to see how the blanket looks all blocked, the cables are beautiful!

My mom always tried to make me do Russian join and I can't seem to master it, maybe it's time to try again.

Sweet LittleDog :-)

Spinster Beth said...

683 stitches ... Egads! Wow!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Love that blanket...cables and green, what could be better???

Heather Woollove said...

Ally--Love the green...so fresh!
...and I'm glad to hear that the smell is finally abating.
Sighhh...oh, these animals that we love!! :)