Friday, June 7, 2013

FAF 06 07 13

My heart has been hurting since I heard the news that one of my very favorite people passed on Wednesday. I've been meeting my children at Marie Catrib's Restaurant almost every Saturday for the past 7+ years. We would enjoy a tasty breakfast and catch up on each other's activities of the past week. Marie had a big heart and was ever positive, even in the face of her adversary...ovarian cancer. She put up a good fight and the entire city will miss her. I'm so glad that I was able to return some of her love with my knitting. R.I.P. Marie.

For those of you that come for the fibery stuffs...

I've been busy knitting and sewing and have actually got something finished to show you.

My Mara...


It's so warm and toasty and the turquoise Shephard's Wool is super soft.

I wanted to be sure and show you the best part of my swap gift from the GGPL Retreat a couple weekends ago...

it's a perfect fit for my super sharp and dangerous wool combs. I pack a bit of tissue on top and they stay nicely in place for storage or transport. The ladybugs go nicely with my Schacht LadyBug spinning wheel too.

I also managed to make a gazillion quilt squares...not sure what I was thinking, I only needed 18 to make a crib size quilt but I made 48 squares...guess I'll have a couple extra baby quilts for future babies :)...
now I just have to decide what color to use as the lattice. Any suggestions?

Thank you for coming. If you'd like to check out the other talented folks that contribute to Fiber Arts Friday hop on over to Andrea's blog...Wisdom Begins in Wonder. Have a great week!

6 comments:

Nichole said...

Beautiful shawl! Great swap gift - love the ladybug bag!

Carol said...

I like your color choices for Mara - brown and turquoise are some of my favorite colors. Look at all those quilt squares - nice work!

Spinster Beth said...

Sorry for the loss of your friend :(

Vivian said...

So that's where you got the huge number of bind off. The shawl looks great!

WonderWhyGal said...

ooooh, having felt that shawl as a WIP, I bet it feel fabulous blocked out. I have some Shepherd's Wool waiting for a project...hmmm, maybe a shawl.

Quilt square border...something bright? Orange :-)

Sorry about losing Marie. We are losing too many wonderful people to cancer. It really does suck. Big hugs.

Cathy said...

Sorry to hear the loss of your friend, moments like this really make us appreciate what we have. Your shawl is lovely, the turquoise border really sets it off. And what a great storage idea for keeping the wool combs!