Friday, May 31, 2013

FAF 05 31 13

It's been a busy couple of weeks with the awesome GGPL Retreat and the holiday weekend.

I have a few great photos from the Guts, Grit and Pink Lipstick Retreat last weekend. There was lots of swag and a super awesome swap gift and I had a nice relaxing weekend. I'm super excited to know that the GGPL will happen again next year.

There was a lot of spinning and knitting done.
Here's some of the sweet stuffs...
 fiber from Fiber Addiction, spindle from Highland Handmades
braid from Yarn Hollow, green yarn from CJ Kopec Creations, orange yarn from Fiber Addiction.

I'm really close to being done with the Mara shawl...just a few more 650+ stitch rows of 2 x 2 rib to go...

and since I'm not nearly busy enough, I'm working on squares for a baby quilt...this square is about half way done
Thank you for coming and reading my blog. Remember to leave a comment so I'll know you visited. For more crafty/fibery fun hop on over to Wisdom Begins In Wonder and check out the other Fiber Arts Friday folks.

For all you LittleDog lovers I decided to hit record on my phone tonight when I asked if it was "dinner time"...this is one version of what happens...
video

7 comments:

Kathryn Ray said...

I'm guessing that Little Dog gets fed in his crate. :-) Ours do too. :-)

Your retreat sounds lovely. I think I would enjoy a few days focused on fiber. :-)

Jocelyn said...

Love the picture of your retreat -- looks like fun! And a full rainbow of fibery treats to boot!

Carol said...

Looks like a great retreat; our group does the same thing every January. Just posted about another spinning event at a winery near us: wine + yarn = fun!

WonderWhyGal said...

Your shawl is looking great. Yikes, I didn't realize you had so many stitches in each row.

Cathy said...

I'm so envious of your retreat, all those fibre goodness! Does LittleDog really get fed in his crate? I love it he run straight past the bowl ;)

Vivian said...

Oh give that poor pup his dinner already! :D

I like it you casually mention "just a few more 650+ stitch rows of 2 x 2 rib to go..."

katie metzroth said...

lovin that green yarn. can't wait to see what you do with it!