Friday, May 10, 2013

Did you miss me...

when I wasn't here last week? It's been crazy busy here. In a good way. Spring brought a lot of rain which makes the grass grow which means I have lots of yard work to do. Since my yard man is still laid up I get to do that job. I'm actually enjoying it except for the part where I have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning. It always pays off though when I can look out and see a freshly mown backyard.

The dogs are enjoying the shorter grass too. Here's LittleDog's take on a fresh cut lawn.

First Sam and I had a game of  "chase me"...
 with some stops to say "oh, what the heck is that?!"...
 followed by some "maybe she won't see me way over here looking for grass clumps to eat"...since I think I'm a goat...
 and then I was like "wow, that really wore me out"... toodles for now!
I've been knitting a bit. This is my almost finished TGV...only a couple more rows of ribbing then bind-off.
Planning a quilt for a friend's baby-to-be...
they're Chicago Bears fans so I picked the above fabric for the back and then I'll make irregular Log Cabin blocks for the top.
How do you like my new swift? My great friend Paula decided to part with it so now I have a true work of art to wind yarn with. She's the best.  If you're still here you must like the fibery stuff. Be sure to hop over to Andrea's blog and check out some other creative folks. Thank you for stopping in and leaving comments. Have a great weekend.

10 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

I never started that shawl. I'm still working on my Water's Edge. Agggg...I keep finding other projects instead ;-)

Can't wait to see you this next weekend.

Kim Rickards said...

Love the quilt fabric...perfect for a Bears fan baby! and lucky you!, what a nice swift. Happy dogs to be outside again, mine are too.

Cathy said...

LittleDog is so cute, love the goat impression ;) That swift is a work of art, how lucky you are!

Kathryn Ray said...

Wow! That Swift is gorgeous!!

Happy to see spring in your parts... here too. I believe the mowing will commence this weekend. ;-)

Glad you've had a little time for knitting too.

Ginx Craft said...

Love the bear fabric, and look forward to seeing the finished quilt.

Vivian said...

LOVE your new swift! I have an umbrella one, but I like your version much better.

Funny LittleDog :-) Don't eat too much grass, it'll make you throw up!

Nichole said...

Happy Dogs! Pretty knitting! Cute quilt!

Chrisknits said...

That swift is gorgeous!!! Jealous!

kathy b said...

Your new swift is one of the prettiest I've seen. THe dark wood is lovely

...:M e d h a:... said...

Aw, littledog is so cute! That quilt fabric looks so cute. I haven't picked up sewing yet because I'm such a hoarder, but i'm so tempted!