Friday, July 11, 2008

Another pair of socks...

in the box! The Mardi Gras socks that I started while on vacation back in May are finished. I like 'em, you?



Opal fingering wt in the Mississippi colorway. I managed to get the stripes to match but for some reason the heels are different. Guess I'll be able to tell which foot is which huh?




I started another pair, two at a time on one circ this time. The yarn is fabulous! Panda Silk...very shiny, very soft and very SLIPPERY!!! OMG I'm having a terrible time keeping the yarn tight at the transition points...I have ladders! I haven't had ladders on a sock since I started knitting socks. I'm thinking I need a longer circ and maybe I'll start over again. This yarn is too nice to make half-assed socks with.

Isn't Sam handsome? Sorry, I'm OT, lol.


I've been working on The Saint's Big-Ass Sweater again. I figure if I ease into it a little at a time, before I know it, I'll be done...hopefully before the cold weather comes again.

Cass turned my head today with this little tidbit. If you're not a Raveler, sorry, you can't play. But it sounds like loads of fun. I already have a project in mind.

And in party news...it's time for the Fish & Spaghetti Extravaganza at Chez B. We've invited family and friends and a good time will ensue tomorrow evening...After a nice relaxing day of knitting at my fav LYS of course.

It's hot here this evening...we should turn on the a/c but we're too cheap! The longer we can last w/o it the more money I can spend on yarn, or food, or wine. I think we're approaching the breaking point though. Let's hope the sun goes down pretty soon. The Saint is out working up a sweat in the garage getting things ready for the big partay. He's already parked the boat and his truck in the neighbor-across-the-street's driveway and tomorrow he'll put up the big tent and get his fryer set-up just so...he's a hoot! I love him to pieces. Come on over and party with us! Just bring your own drinks and a party chair...


Every evening for the past few weeks this guy has been calling from the top of a very tall, dead tree in the next-door neighbor's yard. The Saint will whistle to him and he'll answer every time. He's very pretty...and loud.
Well, everybody have a nice one. Try to fit some knitting into your schedule and maybe a visit with some friends and family. It makes for a really great weekend!

6 comments:

clarabelle said...

Wish I could come over, Ally - I'm sure we'd have a blast! I do think it's a possibility that we were separated at birth, but if not, then we're of the same generation, eh! Not that many old 'uns on the Ravelry/blogging scene, I think, so we sort of gel...

Sam looks a sweetie!

Amy said...

Sam is indeed very, very handsome!

Nichole said...

Great shot of Sam!!!

Purl said...

I wish I could have joined the party! I knit my husband some socks with Panda Cotton--using wooden needles made a big difference.

chickenlady said...

I made my husband a long-ass armed sweater 2 winters ago. He wants another one. I told him his arms had to shrink for the next one.

JessaLu said...

Love the socks - and what a handsome dog! :o)