Friday, July 4, 2008

Ketchup & Mustard and Fireworks on the 4th of July!!


Happy 4th of July everybodee! It is a glorious, sunny day here in West Michigan. We celebrated a bit too much last night with the adult beverages and the fireworks, shhhh, don't tell anyone it was us, but we live to see another day.

The Saint cooked some chorizo and eggs with tortillas for breakfast and we were good to go.

I spent a couple hours weeding this morning before the sun got too hot.

Now I can kick back and enjoy the rest of the holiday, not that I don't enjoy weeding...blogging, knitting and switching back and forth between Food Network and Create. Today they were cooking onion rings in the oven, on America's Test Kitchen and they looked yummy. Got to try those.

While watching the onion rings bake on tv I finished Ketchup & Mustard by adding a bit of fringe on each end. Max kindly modeled for us and of course Sam had to get in a shot or two. They're such hams when I break out the camera!



Got some exciting news yesterday too. Georgeanne took the sparkley bag I made her for the Multi-Tasking 9 to 5 Swap over on Ravelry when she saw Cyndi Lauper in concert, got to meet the artist and Ms. Lauper actually said the bag was cute! eeeee, isn't that cool?! She's also got a little yarn dyeing business and you should see all the pretty yarn...I love the Mardi Gras and Vermont Foliage colorways best, but that's just me, lol.

Tomorrow Rena, Christine and I are heading out for Lansing to stop at several yarn shops, I found 3 that are in close proximity and we'll check those out. Threadbear Fiber Arts, Rae's Yarn Boutique and Woven Art. Should be fun with a stop at P.F. Chang's for lunch.

Hope you all have a great holiday weekend. Play safely!

5 comments:

wildflower38 said...

Mr Sam looks so cute!! Have fun on your roads trip and be safe.

Its raining here but the sun seems to want to come out for a lil bit. Maybe they'll uncancel the fireworks

Nichole said...

Cyndi likes your bag!!! COOL.

What a beautious model you have there...

Can you stop by and weed for me?
Sounds like we're having much of the same day (except I DO. NOT. WEED. lol)... I've knit, blogged, played on Ravelry and am now listing on etsy!

Happy 4th!

Linda said...

Happy to you too! And I *love* the model.

Grace Yaskovic said...

I just saw Cyndi yesterday on my soap, sounds like you are having an awesome weekend, hope it continues!!

Rena said...

ooohh ketchup and mustard looks nice. yarn shopping was fun yay!