Monday, June 23, 2008

back already?!

Yep, now that this little beauty has arrived at it's destination I can show it off...

It's the Flapper Purse from the SnB calendar I have at work, it's on the June 6 page...it turned out pretty cute...what horrible yarn to knit with though...just like one of those plastic kitchen scrubbies running through your fingers, yuk! I certainly wouldn't want to wear anything made with this stuff. But I loved making the i-cord for the handle...go figure.


And check out this vintage button I found in my dear-departed Grama's old box of buttons...

it was a perfect match, I think. The lining, which I didn't get a picture of before I packed it in the box, is a good match for the green with some gold swirls in it.

Maybe Georgeanne will show us a picture of the lining if we ask her real nice?

And in other news...I'm hooked on the crochet again...yesterday Rena came by on her way home from work with a stack of vintage knit & crochet magazines a co-worker had given her.
While leafing through them and having a few laughs with her I found a great pattern in this booklet... and had to give it a quick try, cause anyone who crochets knows you can actually give things a quick try with crochet...and you get sucked in! Sorry socks.
I'm using the yarn that Grace sent me in my Multi-Tasking 9 to 5 swap package over at Ravelry. It's pretty and soft and is working up to the perfect guage...you crochet it in strips then connect them but there isn't enough yarn for the afghan so I'll go til I run out of yarn...I'm thinking I'll end up with a really fun scarf. Sort of reminds me of condiments so that's what it will be called when I'm finished...the Mustard & Ketchup Scarf. Thanks again, Grace for the yarn!

The Saint made it to Cedar Rapids, Iowa and got the truck unloaded. Now he'll stay and help where he can for a few days and make his way back home by Friday. Thanks for all your good thoughts, we really appreciate them.

Have a great day!

9 comments:

Cass said...

Ooooooo the bag turned out SWEET! I love it! Nice work. :)

Bubblesknits said...

Very pretty bag!

Rena said...

The purse looks great! I am glad you had fun with the vintage patterns, nice photo! I like you new scarf. It is looking great. Glad pops made it safely and has and easy trip home.

Grace Yaskovic said...

i love the bag its adorable, now I wish I had that calendar!! I had it last year but was given a different one this year, the yarn Tom dyed looks pretty crocheted up, glad you can use it, there is a bit over 300 yds so it should make a generous scarf

Nichole said...

LOVE the bag - it turned out great... and what a great touch with the vintage button!

Glad the Saint made it to Iowa safely... I have a friend who's family is in Cedar Falls.

Purl said...

Gorgeous bag! I love it. And I want to thank the Saint for all his wonderful work.

clarabelle said...

Love the bag, Ally!

The haul of vintage mags look great fun - there's usually one or two OK patterns in amongst the funny old stuff (eg crocheted bellbottoms!).

Miss Sandra said...

Hey, I have the Bernat Basics and the Brunswick Babies books too! (Well, acquired from my mom's 1970's stash.) Nice job on the bag.

GeorgeAnne said...

I LOVE IT!!!! Already using it and have gotten soo many compliments on it - now to keep the terrible teen away!! (and maybe get a working camera so I can show off allof Ally's beautiful stitching??)

THANK YOU ALL !!!! I LOVE IT!! (bigs hugs to you!) Georgie