Sunday, June 1, 2008

tomorrow's Monday again...

Even though I was feeling a bit weary today...see bottom of post for reasons...I managed to cast on 83 stitches and get the first few rows done of the Scotch Thistle Lace Stole.

I think it's going to be pretty. I've gotten started on my second Mardi Gras sock too and I have the heel flap done on my second Eggplant Louet Gems sock.

This is truly amazing since I spent a big part of Saturday at a meeting of the Obama campaign and then hanging out looking for folks who still need to register to vote. Along with a little party we had last night.

As promised last time a few more pics from our little getaway weekend...

I really like this cute little shack, it's a salon on the channel in Fishtown.

You can't miss the 6ft long lure-shaped weather-vane...

it's actually at the top of a telephone pole.

And the old tug boat that's always docked whenever we've been there...

such a fun and interesting place to visit.

We went to our grand-daughter's dance recital last week. She was one of the performers of the Little Old Man Dance their costumes were colorful and they had a fun time.

She's the second from the left. Aren't they cute!?

My son got his tatoo finished yesterday, isn't it amazing? He says the part that looks green now will eventually be blue. It's supposed to ward off the evil spirits while he's riding his mountain bike...I know I'd be scared if I was those spirits...I'm sure I could have taken a better photo but I wasn't really paying attention to details, we were having our annual Fishing Buddies Fish Fry and I had already had a bit of wine, well you know how it is, don't ya? A good time was had by all...

6 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

His tattoo turned out great. Whoever did it did a great job. :-)

Hope you had a good weekend!

Purl said...

OK--my post disappeared, so I apologize if I'm posting twice.

I love the place where you visited, and it sounds like you had a great weekend at home, too.

I'm on pins and needles waiting for the last primary.

wildflower38 said...

Your vacation pictures are lovely. Looked like a nice and relaxing place to visit.

I'm loving your Thistle yarn and what you done so far! It's going to be pretty.

The End is near and our candidate looking good!!

Grace Yaskovic said...

can't wait to show Tom his tattoo he will love it!

Love the costumes of your granddaughters dance, absolutely wonderful

Nichole said...

Love that yarn for your shawl!

Great pics!

clarabelle said...

Yo, Obama for the White House! I want one of those badges...!

Your holiday photos are lovely - very quaint looking place. And I think your son is brave to have had that tattoo; my elder daughter has quite a few, but I've never been a great fan myself (I'm an old bore, I know!).

I love the yarn you're using for your stole. I will look up both yarn and pattern (have you said which yarn you're using?).