Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm spoiled!...wrotten.

One of my very favorite friends sent me an incredibly nice package...it arrived today...


I was talking to The Saint on the phone when he was pulling into the driveway and I was still at work. He said "what did you order now?" and I said "nothin, why?" "well, there's a big-ass box on the porch and I'm sure it's not for me!" I told him to hurry up and get out of the truck and see who it was from, I had my fingers crossed that it was from who I thought it might be from..."it's from Grace somebody from somewhere in New Jersey"...on my end there was much cheering and squeeling let me tell ya.

Yes, I knew exactly who that package was from and what it may hold for me. Grace, did not disappoint. This is the most amazingly generous package I've ever received, ever! Just look at all this Multi-Tasking goodness...
There were yummy treats including my favs, Lorna Doones, coffee flavor Nips, single serve Cappaccino, Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles by Cat Bordhi, Small Batch Baking by Debby Maugans Nakos, Snyders pretzels, nifty office supplies, Jelly Belly,
3 skeins of cheerful orange/yellow Peru Luxury DK from Little Knits that Grace's husband, Tom dyed.

and yes, that is one of her fabulous shawls there...just for me! I even got to vote on it, what a sneak she was too, having that contest for everyone to pick which one she should send.

Here we are, it needs a darker backdrop but I was in a hurry...I packed her up and drove over to City Knitting so someone could take our picture. I'll be taking some better shots soon, promise...

Here is more info on the shawl. And while you're there, say hey to Grace and check out her other fantastic projects.

I can not thank you enough Grace. You made it a super special swap for me, xxx000.

9 comments:

Darcy knotty Knitter said...

Wow the shawl so amazing I love all the goodies you received you are truly spoiled

Bubblesknits said...

Wow! What a wonderful package!!! That's so cool that you were the recipient she was talking about! :-)

And I love the "what did you order now?" bit. LOL That's exactly something my husband would say.

clarabelle said...

What an incredible gift! It almost makes you feel like giving up in the future-gift-giving-department... could it be possible to better it?!

Channon said...

Oooh... Ahhh... What a special package! Tom-dyed yarn and a Grace shawl. Doesn't get any better than that, yet there were some other awesome goodies in there.

My hubby would just be pouting that the box was for me, and not whatever he had ordered.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous - lucky you! :o))

Nichole said...

Great package!!!!!! I love the "big ass white box" comment - something I'd say!

Grace Yaskovic said...

I am so honored you are thrilled with your shawl If you go on my project page on Ravelry you will now see you listed as the recipient!

Rena said...

Wow that is one kick ass package!!!!
Amazing shawl that is awesome.
wow o wow you were spoiled!!!!!
congrats

thistledown musings said...

Ally,

What a beautiful shawl and you display it so well. I cannot wait until you finish the Scotch Thistle Stole.

Hugs......