Monday, May 19, 2008

Vacation...it's a wonderful thing!

I'm livin one of my 4 vacation weeks...are ya jealous? Sorry, not! LOL
I've worked hard since last September waiting for another week off to roll around. We canceled our trip to Florida since the price of gas is...well you know what it is...ridiculous! We're saving a little gas money and keeping what's left of our vacation budget "local"...going to our new favorite little hideaway in TC.

Rena will be our dog-sitter for a few days so we can escape from the city. She'll spend 4 days dealing with this...that's Sam the party-animal, lol.

We'll stop at our favorite little fishing village, taste a few wines and check out this cute little yarn shop in Suttons Bay. And we'll go have a flight of tequila at a great place within crawling distance of the motel. It will be a great few days.

In the meantime we're trying to get a few things done around Chez B. There's tinkering to do in the garage, according to The Saint and I have laundry and knitting to do in the house. As you can see, I'm gettin a lot of that done sitting here working on this, hahaha. Don't tell him and he'll never know, lol.

I've been doing a bit of sewing, and some planning for my next crochet project (see photo below) maybe I'll start that in the car on the way up to Traverse City on Thursday. It looks like something I could get done while we're away and I think I have enough of some tan yarn in my stash that I could give it a go. Isn't it cute?

Also wanted to show off my new things...I won this cute needle gauge necklace during Ravelraiser '08 from Purlescence across the Pond

and for Mother's Day Rena gave me one of these super fabulous project bags that she made with her own two hands. Aren't they cute?! I love them! She gave me the second one a couple days ago when she got it finished.
I'm not sure what makes me more proud about receiving them, the fact that she stayed up until 1:30am finishing one in time for Mother's Day or the fact that doing so makes her so much more like me...she makes me so proud everyday I cannot tell you.

I've been sewing some fabrics myself,
these will be cute notions clutches when I get done. I found the pattern on the CraftMagazine blog. Love that site! You should check it out if you're looking for some fun ideas.

Thanks for stoppin in and checkin out my life. It's always fun. Have a great week, and have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend here in the States.

And Happy Victoria Day to all my Canadian friends.

7 comments:

JessaLu said...

Have a wonderful trip!

Bubblesknits said...

You lucky thing! I'm with you on the gas prices. *shudder* It's going to eat us alive when we go to the beach next month. If it wasn't a working vacation, I think we would just cancel it.

Have fun on your trip!

Grace Yaskovic said...

Nice about your get away. We head out June 7th and luckily its not that far that gas will hold us back , just the Jersey Shore again. Love your little bags you have been making and the ones your daughter made you. Enjoy your time off

Grace Yaskovic said...

Nice about your get away. We head out June 7th and luckily its not that far that gas will hold us back , just the Jersey Shore again. Love your little bags you have been making and the ones your daughter made you. Enjoy your time off

Purl said...

Have a great vacation! It sounds like a wonderful time to me.

I was so sorry that my parents took their dog on vacation. I wanted to dog sit!

Rena said...

Can't wait to see your clutches when they are done. That sam has the look of mischief in his eye. Like he has a surprise for me or something. Crazy doggie. Love your bags :)

Nichole said...

Cute clutches!