Sunday, June 8, 2008

It's raining, it's pouring...

Hello all! Thanks for stopping by for a visit. I noticed the other day that I've managed to pass the one year mark blogging. Who'd a thought I'd still have something to say? Certainly not me!

We've had a wacky weekend, weather-wise, here in W Mi. Alternating between periods of sun and severe thunderstorms all weekend. Flash floods and high winds, sheesh!

I saw our grandson play his last game in the Macker for the weekend this morning. They were so disappointed after doing so well yesterday. There's always next year.

I did manage to run out just before the last storm rolled through and get my gerbera daisies, dahlias, basil and parsley planted. Now if the rain just doesn't beat them down I'll be all set.


We're in one of those-trying to be sunny but not quite making it-times right now so I had a chance to run out and pose my last minute swap project. Isn't it pretty and sparkly?



The yarn is Lana Gatto Arianna in the Marigold colorway. It's a braided yarn with shiny gold running through it. Of course, you can click the pics to make them larger. These small size shots don't show you how glittery it looks. I hope my spoilee likes it. Is it looking like a little purse to you?

I got to spend a few hours at City Knitting yesterday and made great progress on my Mardi Gras sock. I may actually get it finished by next weekend. I got a couple more rows done on the thistle stole but that is pretty slow going, two rows forward and 3 backward, gah!

I'm reading Tales of the City my Armistead Maupin. I read his newest book, Michael Tolliver Lives, while on vacation and found it quite interesting so now I'm going back in time and reading his series about San Francisco in the 70s. Very interesting and entertaining.

I really appreciate you all commenting and giving me encouragement. It's nice to know someone is actually reading some of this stuff.

A great week to you all!

10 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

Happy Blogiversary! :-) The new WIP is beautiful.

Rena said...

The yarn was a good choice it is looking very nice. The cables look great, I hope you are enjoying using the chart. It is hard to believe it has been over a year for your blogging. Keep up the good work I always enjoy seeing your posts.

Purl said...

I love your blog--keep on going! And I really enjoyed the Tales of the City series. There's a good mini-series too based on the books. (It originally aired on PBS.)

Nichole said...

Happy Blogiversary... I totally missed my 1 year last year but my 2 year is approaching very quickly!

GeorgeAnne said...

the cables are BEAUTIFUL!! and the yarn is PERFECT!

clarabelle said...

Happy blogbirthday, Ally!

The yarn is very pretty; and thanks for the mention about the novelist - I've heard the name, but haven't read anything by him, so will check him out.

A great week to you too!

wildflower38 said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!!:-)

Darcy knotty Knitter said...

Happy Blogaversary:)Thankyou for posting about my 200th blog post blog party:)I love the shiny gold yarn you are knitting the purse with I love all shiny sparkly yarns could you be my 9-5 secret swap pal? the pictures are beautiful:)Hugs Darcy

Alana - Knit Wit said...

I enlarged your pics, and wow... that yarn really is pretty. Your swap pal will love it!!

And, Happy Blogoversary to You!

AlisonH said...

It's beautiful!