Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter '08/ '09, Day 1

Scroll down for knitting content, if you're not interested in the crappy, dreary winter weather we're having. All pics biggie-size if you click on them.

Blech! It's the first day of winter and I'm already wishing it was over! Dark and dreary.

Won't be going anywhere today in "Pete"...

and definitely won't be grilling anything either...

Gah!

The wind is blowing like 60, as my Grama would have said, and it is still snowing. I don't know what the temperature is outside and don't want to know. I'm not planning to go out until I have to go to work tomorrow.

Today has been a day for laundry, wrapping packages and making The Saint's favorite soup.

It looks nice and Christmas-y with it's red tomatoes and green peppers...the chorizo and chicken make it good and hearty. Yummo, as Rachael Ray would say...it's her recipe from 30 Minute Get Real Meals.

I've been doing a fair bit of knitting lately. Some gifty things that I can't show you until next Friday, LOL, and a new hat for myself.

Whatchu think of it?

It's called Button-Tab Knit Hat and I got the pattern off Ravelry. Super-fast and easy. Started one evening and finished the next. Fits me perfectly. And the yarn is very nice. Something I found on the sale rack at City Knitting. It's Schulana Colardino. I'll have to get someone to take a picture of it on me, later.



Other things that have flown off my needles in the past couple weeks include these cloths for my Mom...and these pieces that will soon be a purse for my grand-daughter, Jasmine...

this is the same purse pattern I made a while back for a swap It's in the 2008 Stitch n Bitch Page-a-Day calendar. It's called a Flapper Purse.





I think, being a 10 yr old, she'll like the sparkle that it has.



The yarn was a bitch on my hands though. Wouldn't want to ever make anything with it again in my lifetime!

Wish I could show you the rest of my FOs but, alas, Christmas is right around the corner...you'll only have to wait a few more days.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog.

Merry Christmas Happy Hanukkah Happy Solstice

4 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

That's a ton of snow! The only time I've seen that much down here was in 1993. The FO's look great, btw! Stay warm!

Grace said...

beautiful knitting, and the soup looks tasty too Happy Holidays

KnittingReader said...

Wow! I do not miss winter at all. (I used to live in Minneapolis.)

Thanks for all the pictures! Merry Christmas to you!

Shine said...

that purse is super cute!