Sunday, July 5, 2009

cotton and a contest

Thank you for coming. Here, have a beautiful rose from one of my bushes...


I've been knitting with Second Time Cotton the past few days and I really like it - alot!

First came a soap holder from 101 Designer One Skein Wonders

then a couple of cloths that I'm making up.


I plan to take them camping since they dry so nicely and they're just rough enough to have good exfoliating qualities.

...and don't fluffy of clouds on a sunny day remind you of cotton?

What's your favorite form of cotton?

Are you working on any projects with cotton?

Would you like to do a little project with some cotton?

Post a comment telling about your favorite/current knitting/sewing project involving cotton fiber and I'll do a little drawing on Saturday, July 11 from the comments posted by Friday, July 10 @ midnight EDT.

If you're the lucky winner I'll send you a couple balls of kitchen cotton for your next little project.

Good luck!

8 comments:

Channon said...

I like doing chemo hats in cotton. I like Blue Sky's cotton, and just recently used Mission Falls 1824 cotton for a hat, but it's too pricy to use regularly.

I don't have any cotton on the needles right now, but I always have a cone of Peaches & Creme nearby for a quick crocheted scrubby!

Nichole said...

Baby hats for Emma of course!!! In sweet, soft, beautiful cottons...

KnittingReader said...

I hope you had a great 4th with lots of delicious BBQ!

Thanks for the review of 2nd Time Cotton; I've had my eye on it for awhile. I love cotton because most of the time it's too hot for wool here. Right now I am knitting a shopping bag with Cotolino (60% cotton and 40% linen) and really like it a lot.

Mujercita said...

I'm currently knitting up a cute sweater in a cotton/acrylic blend.

I also love to use kitchen cotton to make reusable grocery bags- not only are they good for the environment, they're pretty too!

superwoman_4002 said...

Hehe... love the roses!! :D I have been on a dishcloth crocheting frenzy this past month because i can actually do it really well with a broken finger lol ;) ... I'm actually even having a giveaway on my blog for a crocheted dishcloth... fancy that ;) lol

Bubblesknits said...

I've got one of the Mason Dixon Mitered dishtowels on the needles right now, but it's not getting much play. I've been on a sock knitting binge lately. lol

Hope you had a great 4th!

BeckyS said...

I just finished crocheting a cotton doily and am now spinning up some cotton fibre. I don't have plans for it yet, just wanted to give it a try. Cotton is one of my favorite fibres to knit, crochet, and sew with. Those washclothes are beautiful! :)

Grace said...

I love making my bunny rabbits from cotton, they turn out so colorful and can handle lots of love. I use lots of different cottons