Friday, July 29, 2011

Dang! That hurt

Hello!  Have you been doing anything fibery this week?

I've managed to knit a few inches of a sock, squeezing a few minutes knitting in here and there.  I really like the yarn and the colors.
Berrocco Comfort Sock.  If you scroll all the way to the bottom at the link you'll see the yarn I'm working with - Cosmopolitan.  My sock is looking a bit different than the model though.  I guess that's to be expected when you knit in 2 x 2 rib instead of plain ole stockinette.

I plied some fabo singles I'd spun from some Yarn Hollow fiber in the color called Moss.  I ended up with 204 yds from the 4 oz of fiber I had.

Why is it that after you cut your thumb in a weird place, that hits the space bar after.every.single.word while you're typing, you think of a thousand ways you could have avoided that cut thumb?  And, why is it that when you have an emergency-ish need for just the right size band-aid you have to scrounge around the bathroom cabinet for 10 minutes, with thumb bleeding, to find it?  This has truly puzzled me this week.

It's been crazy busy at work and it's sapping my knitting/spinning/washing/carding mojo.  When I get home I just want to lay down and sleep.  Seriously!  I'm hoping that after a couple weeks I'll settle into a new routine and it won't feel so crazy.  I can hope, right?!

Have a wonderful weekend.  Thank you so much for visiting.  Don't forget to check out the other fabulous peeps that participate in Fiber Arts Friday over on Andrea's blog...Wisdom Begins in Wonder.  See ya next week!

14 comments:

fiberdance said...

like your yarn on the niddy noddy-look forward to seeing the socks-and can relate to being wiped out after work

WonderWhyGal said...

I love your new photo! The moss green is beautiful. I sure hope that you have a better weekend. It does seem like once that mood hits, it's hard to climb out of it. I know you will. Give little dog a big ol' hug and hopefully the week will change perspective.

SissySees said...

LOVE that green handspun. Is Comfort Sock a little splitty like the other weights? I have some in my stash but... hem. Let's just say it's easier to ask you.

(--Chan - Blogger made Sissy's glaucoma blog my primary one and I can't seem to undo it without deleting that blog...)

Tamara Miller said...

Ooo. Moss Green. Hang in there. It'll get better. Maybe you need a vacation?? Another one??

How did you cut your finger?? Let little dog give it a kiss. :)

Melissa Plank said...

That moss yarn is gorgeous, Rita has phenomenal fiber and colors! Hope things settle down for you soon.

Spinster Beth said...

I always discover cuts on my thumb or fingers when I'm applying sanitizer gel or squeezing lemons ...

Love the green yarn!

chrisknits said...

The yarn is gorgeous!!! Sorry about the hurt thumb. I always wonder why you keep hitting the cut even when it's in some obscure place. It just seems to be in the path of whatever object you are trying to pick up, hold, or grab. Hope your thumb heals quick!

BammerKT said...

It's Murphy's Law of Bandaids! You can find a million of them, but the one weird config you need is stuck in the back of the drawer/cabinet whatever, just behind the emergency tube of toothpaste!

Vivian said...

Thumb injury seems to take the longest to heal, guess because we humans have use our thumbs so much! Take it easy and hope next week will be better!

Kathryn Ray said...

I know what you mean about work sapping the mojo. I feel like things have started to converge for me. Sp just a few more things need to happen and I'll start feeling better about the project.

I love the green yarn!

Ellen said...

Love, love your green handspun.
Sorry about your thumb!

Hope your weeks get less crazy. I know how you feel about it affecting your fibery mojo.

Oh and thanks for the lovely comment you left on the Times Union Fiber Arts blog. It makes me feel great to know that you enjoy the stuff I research every week.

Have a great weekend!

sarah in the woods said...

Gorgeous green yarn!

Voie de Vie said...

I'm definitely in the fan base of loving that new, green yarn - just awesome!

Little dog definitely needs to be leaned on while you work through energy-sapping work mojo. Pets are the best!

Bubblesknits said...

That handspun is gorgemous!!! Love it!