Friday, July 1, 2011

I've Gone Batty

Happy Fiber Arts Friday to you all!  Are you looking forward to a fun holiday weekend?



These are a  few of the batts of Jacob I've picked and carded in the past couple of weeks.  I love the variation of color that you get from Jacob.  I'm not crazy about all the vm that's in it however.  I had to run this stuff through my friend Paula's picker twice before I carded it and still found a bunch of bits and pieces still hanging in there.  It's very pretty stuff though and I know  spinning it will be enjoyable.

I did some plying this week...



I had a dream last night that I was kidnapped by a woman in a black suv and forced to visit my favorite fiber/yarn dyer and buy some stuff...

oh wait, I guess I wasn't dreaming, LOL  Isn't this pretty?  The dark braid is called Eggplant (such a dark purple that in the crappy lamp light after dark I couldn't get a good picture of it).  The fiber is Aplaca/Merino/Tussah Silk, super soft and drapey...gonna spin this and make a scarf for my purple-loving Mom for Christmas.  The other braid is called Tangerine and is Blue Faced Leicester, not sure what that one will become.  I plan to get it spun up so I can have something to wear this Fall, when I can pretend it's called Pumpkin.  That single on the bobbin at the top of the pic is also some of Rita's fiber.  She rocks when it comes to awesome fiber and yarn.

I found time to squeeze in some knitting...

a square for a blanket we're making for a friend.  Aren't those little monkey stitch markers adorable?  My friend Emily made them.  I'll bet if you asked she'd sell you some too.

Phew, I'm tired out now.  Glad it's a long holiday weekend coming up...I need that extra day to catch my breath.  Have a wonderful weekend!

Thanks so much for visiting.  Please let me know you've stopped in by leaving a comment.

You'll be in for a treat if you hop over to Andrea's blog and check out the other folks who participate in Fiber Arts Friday.

14 comments:

pinkundine said...

The purple and orange look so beautiful - the colours are fantastic (I actually quite like them together too!)

WonderWhyGal said...

That Jacob looks delicious! I do adore Jacob to spin...it's so different from my Alpaca.

Yes, I have some of Rita's fiber to spin for TdF too. She is one of my favorite fiber producers. I love the quality and the colors of all of her products.

Have fun on the Yarn Hollow team. Enjoy all of your spinning this month.

BTW, I love your knitted square too.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

Stitched Together said...

It's when I see fibre like that eggplant that I really really want to learn to spin. Then I remember I need another hobby like a hole in the head and I have enough yarn to last out Armageddon. Still, I can drool can't I?

fiberdance said...

beautifulstuff-too bad someone had to twist your arm to buy it-haha

Heather Woollove said...

Oooohhh...eggplant and pumpkin. They look great together in the photo, even if they're intended for different projects.

Loco Lindy said...

I am coveting your eggplant fleece, gorgeous!

Melissa Plank said...

Lots of great fibery goodness going on this week, happy Fiber Arts Friday.

AllyB said...

Hey all you covetors...Rita has more of that Eggplant luscious-ness! Go get some.

SissySees said...

So very pretty! Keep up your fiber Friday posts... they remind me of my intent to spin on Friday evenings. Hasn't happened in a couple of weeks, but still...

Dutch Hollow said...

Yummy looking bats! I can't wait to see it spun up. Your yarn looks lovely too especially that 2nd one.

Kathryn Ray said...

I always love eggplant and pumpkin together... both for eating and for colors. :-)

Vivian said...

The little monkeys make me giggle, they sure would brighten up any knitting! Happy 4th!

Tamara Miller said...

You were kidnapped? LOL. Love the eggplant roving. Cannot wait to see what you will do with it. VM is the bane of fiber skirters everywhere. I feel your pain.

Spinster Beth said...

Oooh I love the Jacob ... and the blankie square ... such nice eye candy!