Friday, June 24, 2011

I survived!

B-93 Birthday Bash 19...I don't believe I'd want to see any more of these for awhile, LOL
tickets, tickets and more tickets

And I don't care to work in a beer tent again any time soon either.

It was a very busy, fiber-less weekend for me but on Tuesday I made up for it by driving 90 miles to pick up Milli.

Then 90 miles back home.  She traveled all the way from Tampa, FL and even though my Dad said he had to strap her on the roof of his van, wink, wink, I found no bugs on her, LOL  She hung out at Dad's for a couple weeks before I could take her on the last leg of her journey.  She's now resting comfortably in my studio, getting to know Viv and The LadyBug...and the rest of the family.  She's in excellent condition and spins very nicely.

On my way to Benton Harbor to get Milli I may have stopped at an art gallery and a yarn shop...and made a couple of small purchases.
I'm planning on knitting and felting a bag to hang on my spinning wheel with the Noro Silk Garden Lite.  The sock yarn was so very soft that I couldn't leave it behind.  There's a video at the link that shows how to get the yarn off the "flying saucer".

Last Friday LittleDog did a great job of helping me skirt and pick a Jacob fleece that Blackie so kindly grew this past year.
Blackie lives at Hillside Jacobs.  It's nice and greasy and had a very nice "oyster" that showed no sign of vm at all.  I saved that part for last as I want to get the super-veggie stuff taken care of first and enjoy the ease of cleaning the nice bit.  The super dirty stuff has been soaking in my basement for several days and I'll be glad to get it cleaned up...ooo, stinky!  I do not recommend soaking really dirty fleece in your basement for 6 days...almost made me barf!

Well, that's about it for this week.  I won't go into all the miles I drove  in 4 days (about 400) or that I've finished the baby quilt and will be passing it on to it's new owner tomorrow.  Nor will I bore you with tales of the GR Yarnies get together.  Seems like I'm cramming so much into life these days that there's not enough room here to tell it all.  Suffice it to say, it's been a busy week.

Hope you all have had a busy week too.  We all need those to remind us how great the slow ones can be.  Happy Fiber Arts Friday everybody.  Hope over to Andrea's blog and say hello to a few other fibery peeps today too.  Thanks

14 comments:

Heather Woollove said...

What fun purchases!! I always love art gallery gift shops!

pinkundine said...

I really want one of those flying saucer sock yarns ;) They look cool.

WonderWhyGal said...

All of my life I've lived just a few hours from St. Joseph and never visited. I guess I should.

I love your new wheel...enjoy. It's nice to have a couple of spinning wheels.

That Jacob fleece looks yummy.

Melissa said...

Wow, what a brave soul for attending and working at B93 Birthday bash. We heard reports that the backup on 131 was gruesome.

Wonderful looking fleece. Hope you have a great time spinning on your new wheel.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

Melissa Plank said...

Nice wheel, I know you will get a lot of enjoyment out of it. I have the Smittens pattern book myself, Love it, my favorite is the set with the little Indian mirror discs!

Vivian said...

LittleDog is doing a great job working with you on the fleece. Somehow I have the image of him picking it up and putting it on himself and pretend to be a black sheep. Think I've been living with too many bad dogs.

Tamara Miller said...

Ally, You may have stopped at a yarn shop? LOL! Little dog is so cute and helpful. Give him a kiss from me. Congrats on your new wheel...that makes how many?

Dutch Hollow said...

Welcome Milli!

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Looking forward to seeing how the flying saucer come out, they look a little tricky to handle

Marushka C. said...

Milli looks lovely, I hope she is settling in nicely.

Spinster Beth said...

Ooooh that Jacob is gorgeous! What are you going to do with it?

fiberdance said...

Congrats on the new wheel-I love my "Sarah"-those Ashford Traddys are great little workhorses.

Kathryn Ray said...

Holy Cow, you sure can cram a lot into a week.

A big welcome home to Milli.

Hey, the Saint's head isn't bigger than 24.5 inches is it? I think he might need a big ass nightcap to go with his big ass sweater.
;-)

Anastacia Knits said...

Congrats on your new toy & new yarn - do I see Noro? I do a little spindle spinning, but no wheel... yet...