Friday, June 10, 2011

Fiber Arts Friday 6/10/11

In my garden...

I'd love some fiber in these colors for spinning some pretty yarn.  Someday I'll get the Cormo fleece combed out and spun and dye it these colors.

On my wheel...
and the wheel I'm (cough) test spinning...
this is Merino/Silk that I purchased at the Fiber Fiesta from Jill.  I see she has some very pretty fiber in her shop right now.

On my needles...
a Moebius, knit with some of my handspun yarn.  You might remember this yarn from a previous post. I got the pattern off Cat Bordhi's website. I've run across a few spots that still have pigs tails and there's nothing I can do about it as the tails are in one of the two plies.  Ah well, probably no one will notice them but me.  So what do you think so far?

Hope you've all had a week full of fibery fun.  As always you can visit other crafty folks by hopping over to Andrea's blog and checking out the Fiber Arts Friday post there.

Thanks so much for visiting.  It's always great to have you here.

12 comments:

Susan said...

You just like Jill's site cuz there's a lady bug for sale! ;)

Nichole said...

All beautiful... happy FAF!

Catherine said...

I love the colours in your moebius, I'm sure the pigs tails just add interest and texture.

Melissa said...

Merino/Silk is one of my favorites. I spin a single of merino/silk and ply it with a ply of our Suri alpaca fiber. Can't beat this mix in my book.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

Melissa Plank said...

Lovely spinning! Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

Voie de Vie said...

You can't go wrong with lovely handspun and a Cat Bordhi moebius pattern. Really. :)

Vivian said...

Your moebius is coming along nicely. I've always been interested in mobius knitting but have never knitted one in pattern myself. Would love to see how it turns out!

Kathryn Ray said...

That's yellow-ish fiber/yarn has some serious luster. love it!

Spinster Beth said...

Oooooh pretty spun fiber! I like the shiny one best ;-)

WonderWhyGal said...

I always love the colors you work with whether it be spinning or knitting. The mobius is looking fantastic and I totally remember the post about the yarn.

Marushka C. said...

Your handspun is beautiful. I wonder if that "I'm just testing the new wheel" idea would get past my husband?

Andria said...

I really like the colours in the moebuis, but uhm, to show my ignorance, what is a pig tail? Do I call the same thing by a different name?