Friday, March 11, 2011

FAF March 11

 Color me gone!  At least for the weekend.  I'm off to a nearby coastal town for a little knitting/spinning/eating retreat with some friends and soon to be friends.

While I'm gone you can drool over my latest accomplishment...

I have a few yards left on a bobbin still as a singles.  I'll practice Navajo plying with that.  This is about 8 oz of 100% Merino.  When pulled tight it's about a fingering weight but left to lie loosely it looks more like a sport weight.  We'll see how it knits up pretty soon.  I have a pattern in mind and can't wait to get started on it.  Thanks to Spin Off magazine for the pattern.

I also got my $9 spinning wheel going this week.  I love how she clatters when she's spinning and she makes a very fine yarn of the baby camel I'm spinning on her.

I got a message today that my adoption packet for the Navajo Churro sheep is on it's way.  I'll post some pics on Monday when I get it.  I'm told the fiber will be good for something like a bag or something woven...do not get me started weaving...please!

Have a great week and be sure to visit my crafty friends on the Fiber Arts Friday blog over at Wisdom Begins in Wonder.  See ya next week!

17 comments:

Dutch Hollow said...

Love the colors and I think they'll work great for that pattern you're thinking of.

Channon said...

Very nice! I'm hoping to have spinning time on Sunday. Can't wait.

Marushka C. said...

Your yarn is pretty. I'm a little envious about the knitting/spinning retreat -- I hope to start getting the time to travel a little more for such things.

Unforth said...

Have fun on your retreat! Hope we'll get to see what you spin in a future post!

Melissa Plank said...

Have a great weekend, the yarn is fab!

Nichole said...

Fabulous yarn - happy friday!

Voie de Vie said...

That yarn is most excellent - can't wait to see it all worked up.

And what's this about adopting an animal?

Have a happy, fibery weekend!

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

Pretty pretty!
So envious of your weekend - sounds wonderful :)

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

Pretty pretty!
So envious of your weekend - sounds wonderful :)

Inspiration Fibers said...

Drool, drool . . .what wonderful spinning! And so glad to hear the $9 wheel is going!!
Have fun on your trip!

WonderWhyGal said...

The yarn is beautiful! I'll get you started on weaving ;-)

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

Mollyandollie said...

Mmmmm, I love that yarn!

Spinster Beth said...

The colors look like the purple and yellow crocuses (croci?) popping up all over here in eastern Maryland! Lovely!

Caryn said...

LOVE those colors!

Vivian said...

Your yarn looks really nice in the skein hanging. I like it that you refer to your wheel as "she" ...

jessecreations said...

Your yarn is lovely! And hooray for sheep!!

Jess

Knot By Gran'ma said...

Beautiful colors!