Friday, June 17, 2011

FAF 06 17 11

Hello!  Thanks for visiting.  Don't forget to visit the other creative folks that participate in Fiber Arts Friday over on Andrea's blog.


It's been a pretty hectic week and it's going to roll right on into a working weekend.  I'm really looking forward to Monday and I don't feel that way very often.  I have managed to get half of the binding pinned down on the little quilt and will see how much of it I can get stitched down before bed time.

I posed my  Moebius on The Torso so you could get a better look at the stitches and the pretty color.
You can click on the pic to make it bigger if you'd like.
The LadyBug is officially mine...


and has received a thorough Little Dog inspection.  She spins so nicely.

 I've found the perfect mate for her too.
This chair belonged to my beloved Grama.  I remember it sitting in one of her spare bedrooms all through my childhood.  It's very comfy and the perfect height for spinning.  It has been sitting at one of my vintage machines for a couple of years now, unused as I was afraid it wouldn't hold up to daily use.  I should have given this chair more credit.  I could have been enjoying that comfy seat all this time.  Which is a good lesson...don't put off using things that you love.  Daily interaction with those things can give you such pleasure and why would you want to miss out on any of it?  Anything worth having is worth using...you cannot take it with you.  Seriously.

I wish you all a good weekend.  I'll be Buzzin with the Bee.  Yee-haw!

15 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

You are a wise woman! Glad the Ladybug is yours and that you have a chair full of memories to use with it. Your mobius is amazing. Don't you just love that it's your handspun?

Have a wonderful weekend!

Loco Lindy said...

I absolutely love your blog banner- that yarn is fantastic!

Dutch Hollow said...

Congratz on the Ladybug and that it passed little dog's inspection.

Nice looking chair too!

Melissa Plank said...

Nice wheel, congratulations! Pretty projects too.

Nichole said...

The lady bug is adorable... as is Little Dog! :)

Paulastark@aol.com said...

You got the best blog and the cutesy dog. My cane seat chair also is so nice for spinning.

Nerdy Knitter said...

Oh buzzin with the B could be fun :) I will wish for Monday fast for you! Nice bug!

Voie de Vie said...

Love that Inspector Little Dog! Oh, and the handspun is very nice, too. :)

Melissa said...

Your "little quilt" is lovely as well as your moebus. Congrats on the wheel.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

Vivian said...

Love those LittleDog inspection pictures. She sure takes her job seriously ;-)

Have a good weekend!

Spinster Beth said...

Is that a lady'pug'? :-)

The doggie actually looks a little nervous ... as if your new spinning wheel will take up too much of your affection!

Kathryn Ray said...

Oh Hi Little Dog! I've missed you lately. :-)

Your shawl is georgeous and I love that it's poised in front of fabric and sewing books.

Have fun this weekend!

Vivian said...

Oh, LittleDog, I'm so sorry that I said you were a girl! You are a great big guy and take your responsibility seriously. My Trinket used to hate it when people called him a girl. He always showed them his sharp teeth ;)

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

Beautiful projects, as always - love the blog banner, too!

I love what you said about using the things you love - it's something I try very hard to practice, too.

Via Verde Farm said...

Aww. Little Dog. He is checking everything out to make sure all is O.K. He is so darn cute! Congratulations on your Lady Bug.