Friday, July 22, 2011

Socks! and some new tools

Hello!  Hope you're all surviving the heat wave.  Phew!  It's hot!  Makes it hard to think about wearing these lovely socks I just finished...
Scout's Swag in Olympic Medals colorway.  Picot top/plain sock

A couple of little packages arrived in the mail on Wednesday.  New fiber tools are always so exciting.  Fiber Combs for the class I'm taking at Michigan Fiber Festival next month from Paradise Fibers...
and a new Lazy Kate (a thingy to hold the bobbins) for LadyBug from The Woolery.

I'll be able to carry around 4 extra bobbins now, LOL  I hardly ever need one extra when I'm off to a spinning meet-up but you never know when you'll suddenly need 3 more.

It's been a crazy busy week for me at work.  I'm hoping all the extra time and effort will pay off with something good.  Fingers crossed


The ever-faithful LittleDog guards the Traddy...
Don't forget to Jump on over to Wisdom Begins In Wonder and check out all the other crafty peeps that contribute to Fiber Arts Friday.  You won't be disappointed.

Perhaps you'll see pretty things like this...
or find some big-scary-fun tools to play with like this...
Big Tom is hangin at my house for a coupla weeks.  Gotta do a bit of repair then I can card like crazy!  This bad boy belongs to my friend Paula.

Have a great weekend!

15 comments:

Nerdy Knitter said...

Happy Friday!!! Wishing you a good day at work today! Wow Big Tom is huge :)

Melissa said...

New toys are always so exciting! Hope you have lots of fun in your class at MFF.

Boy, that Big Tom is sure named correctly.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!!

pinkundine said...

I love new fibre-related goodies ;) Your socks looks great, such a shame it's too hot for them at the moment!

Melissa Plank said...

It's always fun to get useful new tools, I'm sorry to hear Paula's new drum carder has been damaged. Have a great Fiber Friday.

Tamara Miller said...

Big Tom! No need for Pup to guard the carder. You will have lots of fun, I am sure, carding away. Socks look pretty.It is supposed to cool off next week. Maybe you can wear them?
You were very restrained when ordering from the Woolery . I have a hard time not maxing the credit card when I order from there.:)

Tamara Miller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nichole said...

Pretty socks... cute little dog... make sure you come over and enter to win the Fleece & Fiber book!

Kathryn Ray said...

I have serious drum carder envy.

And I am going to shamelessly copy those socks, since I have a man in my life that NEEDS Olympic Medal Socks. ;-)

Hope your days calm down soon.

AllyB said...

Thanks all. Big Tom is not actually damaged, just has a fussy speed knob that I'm going to replace. We've given him such a work-out that he couldn't keep up, LOL

Voie de Vie said...

Ok, LittleDog needs his job to do, so don't deny him!

I wish I could get into socks, I wish I could get into socks, I wish I could get into socks ...

Spinster Beth said...

Ooh I love the socks. And I love picot edging!

Kelly said...

wow! That is a huge drum carder! Awesome socks!

WonderWhyGal said...

Lovin' the new fiber tools. You definately have taken the walk on the spinning side, haven't you? tehehe, the stinky fleece in the basement was the big hint. Glad that you are taking a class too. Be careful...I've poked myself quite a few times with those combs.

Heather Woollove said...

Excellent socks, Ally...and what fun new tools!
P.S. If you ever want to do a swap sometime, let me know!!

Forest-Dweller said...

Looks like you are going to have a fun class.

With All That I Am
Carrie "Forrest-Dweller" Duvall
The Handmade Homemaker"