Friday, December 30, 2011

FAF at the end of 2011

Hello! I hope you all had a great week. Thanks for coming by, it's so nice to see you. There are more crafty/creative peeps over on Andrea's blog, be sure to give them a visit too.

Mom loved her scarf and my sister liked the two dishcloths I crocheted for her. I totally spaced on taking pics of the dishcloths, or anything else over the weekend, but did take a pic of the scarf in the box before I finished wrapping it.
It was a low-key, family oriented weekend...and included meat cooked like this...
we'll just ignore the part where I blew my back out on Christmas Eve...ugh. It was one of those things where I felt the pain (similar to a 2 x 4 hitting me) and immediately wanted to take back the fact that I bent over to pick up that pile of sheets. Dang! I forgot how terrible back pain could be. Thanks to better living through chemistry I am moving relatively well and didn't miss a single thing over the weekend. I just don't dare let the tylenol/ibuprofen wear off, LOL

I've been steadily knitting on the Red Brambles the past few days. I love this hat! It's so simple and looks like it would take a genius to knit. My kind of project.
The weather man can't decide if it's December or March these days...weird weather in these parts. I'll be glad when everything finally freezes up and stays that way for awhile. There is too much mud in my yard that the dogs keep finding and tracking into the house. bleh
Happy New Year from the furry ones!

Have a great week!

11 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

Happy New Year!
Now I have to go check that hat out. I saw the blocking photos of the scarf/shawl. Beautiful. We smoked our chicken for our family Christmas. Grumpy was in a similar pose to your husband. Gotta love this October/November weather at Christmastime...not! I want my fluffy yet drivable snow.

Kathryn Ray said...

Oh gosh, a smoker is on our list. Actually it has been for some time... I might have to rectify that next year.

Your shawl is gorgeous and the three furry ones look like perfect angels.

I hope your back is feeling better soon. Happy New Year!

Paula Stark said...

Always the best dog and fiber pictures. glad the back is progressing.

Heather Woollove said...

Happy New Year, Ally---and I hope it will be a HEALTHY one!! (Heal fast!!) XXO-

Pretty Mades said...

The scarf you made is beautiful! the beret looks like it's going to be a stunner too. Your work is really lovely. Happy New Year

Spinster Beth said...

Such good doggies ... look how nicely they pose!

I favorited that beret. I have such a big head ... maybe it will fit me!

Hope your back gets well soon!

Vivian said...

So sorry about your back. Walking around usually helps me when I have spinal ailment, but sitting makes it a lot worse.

Your brambles is so pretty! Looks like LittleDog wants to try it on :-)

Happy New Year!

Kristyn said...

The scarf is beautiful. Happy New Yer to you.

Andria said...

The shawl is beautiful, and dish cloths are always good! Sorry to hear about your back, my husband is going through something similar right now too. Happy New Year to you!

Keri said...

Happy New year! I hope your back doesn't give you any more problems. I've been there. It's not fun :(

Nichole said...

Happy New Year to you, the Saint and the furry ones!