Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday 2/2/11

Can you believe it's December?  Me neither.  It's been a super busy week at work so I have a few pics and not much else.

I know I mostly post fibery stuff here but I just want to pass along a couple of links to my favorite places...http://dailypuglet.blogspot.com/2011/12/lebowski.html  I love Daily PUglet and if you go there and look around you'll see why.

and my favorite button maker...http://thedelicion.com/index.php?p=info#thedelicion  and the following link will show you some beautiful photos of her buttons in collections. http://www.flickr.com/photos/nirbhao/sets/72157626803668257/  buttons would make really nice presents.

I've been doing lots of knitting, seriously, to the point of my right shoulder being painful and it makes it hard to pull off my shirt at the end of the day when it's jammy time.  I'm looking forward to the holidays passing so I can let my should rest a bit. It's all worth it though when I gaze upon the cuteness.

I added a business card to the pic for scale...Preemie hats...cast on 80, knit like crazy for about 4 inches then start decreasing (k8,k2tog one round then knit all next round...etc) til you have 6 or so stitches left and make a bit of icord.
Ishbel scarf for my Mom for Christmas...shhh

 and the start of another wee hat...these things are addictive
I've also been spinning a bit, it is slow going but I want it to be special for Andrea.  I had lots of stuff on the shelf but none of it really said her name so I'm spinning something new...just for her.  Here's a sneak of progress...

Start with one of Rita's Yarn Madness bags...
 sort...
 spin...
hoping to get it finished while I'm hanging with my friends at Yarn Hollow this weekend.  Rita's having an open house and the atmosphere should be just right for getting this done.

And so I'll leave you with this super cute pic of my snuggly buddies catching an afternoon nap...
I made this pic the background on my computer at work so every time I go back to the desktop I say "awwww"...I wonder when that will wear off, LOL

Have a safe and fun weekend.  Be sure to check out all the other creative peeps on Andrea's blog.

11 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

All of your projects are beautiful and I am LOVING that bobbin.

I hope to get to Rita's this weekend but not committing yet...we'll see what the weather, roads and bears have me doing.

Rita Petteys said...

Thanks for sharing, Ally! Gorgeous stuff as usual!

pinkundine said...

The preemie hats are so cute :) Love the colour of the Ishbel you're knitting too.

Kathryn Ray said...

Oh that yarn is fun.

And of course baby hats are awesome... super quick.

Happy weekend!

And... Thanks for the inspiration. :-D

Melissa said...

Enjoyed seeing your projects...sorting out fiber into seperate colors. I'm going to have to give this a try.

Dutch Hollow said...

Love you puppies, I don't think the "awww" factor could ever go away.

Very cute hats too and that sure is one bag of fiber madness!

Tamara Miller said...

While all of your knitting and spinning is awesome...sorry the little doggies take the show!

Voie de Vie said...

There's Little Dog, stealing the scene ... even while asleep. :)

I love what's on that bobbin - can't wait to see it all plied and gorgeous-like.

Take it easy on your shoulder, and have a great weekend.

Vivian said...

Such sweet pups! My dogs (Trinket and Bucky) were too busy bickering to snuggle next to each other. Rascal let Bucky share his bed, it was super sweet and very comforting to see.

Be careful with your shoulder. Extended knitting can cause all kinds of repetitive motion injuries. Not being able to knit is not worth it.

Spinster Beth said...

My shoulder always aches from knitting too ... I always thought it was just me, sitting in a poor position or something!

Lovely projects, all ...

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Lovely projects, the colour of the yellow preemie hat is just gorgeous