Friday, May 11, 2012

We interrupt the regularly scheduled fibery stuff...

to figure out how to post from my super-duper new laptop. Whoo these keys are little! Guess I'll have to switch over to the desktop so I can show you some pretty stuff and maybe even LittleDog will show his face. Even though he appears to be asleep he's probably just pretending. As soon as I turn on my camera he'll jump up and try to run away. I'll give it a try though...

And from the uber-slow desktop where my photos are stashed...
I finally got around to blocking my Moebius cowl. I made it way last fall and wore it the winter but never got around to blocking it.  I'm thinking it will look much better on my neck post blocking. It's knit with some of my first handspun.

I am still struggling with the toe-up sock. I'm hoping to run into a nice lady at the yarn shop that can give me some assistance next week during staycation. If I can tear myself away from the i17 long enough.

Know anyone that needs an Ashford Traditional? I'm seriously thinking about parting with mine to help pay for the new Dell.

It's alpaca shearing weekend at Via Verde Farm on Saturday so you know where I'll be...hanging with my peeps getting some spinning done. Let's hope the weather holds up.

So the LittleDog was really asleep I guess. When the camera started up he didn't even flinch.
He has, however, now moved to the other side of the chair.
Don't you love the carpet? I think it's from the 1950s, ugh.

Have a great week and be sure to hop over to Wisdom Begins In Wonder and check out all the other creative fiber peeps over there.

6 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

oooh, that will be super lovely blocked. Have fun at shearing. Tell Tamara I said hello. We miss her here in blogging world.

Dutch Hollow said...

Love the pattern in your cowl, it looks wonderful blocked up.

Shhh, hope little dog got a good nap.

Dawn Friske said...

Your cowl will be even more beautiful after being blocked. Have fun at shearing! I had a blast at the Wonder Why shearing. And what I wouldn't give to curl up with little dog and take a nap too. :)

Kathryn Ray said...

Oh my, I am in such a need for a new computer... and phone. grrr. I hate buying electronics, but I'm getting to the point to where I can't really put it off much longer.

I hope you enjoy your new laptop.

Your cowl looks great all stretched out and LittleDog looks like he was having a good nap. :-)

Nichole said...

Happy Friday! Pretty cowl... cute little dog. It's the NH Sheep & Wool weekend as well... thinking about going tomorrow.

Vivian said...

Funny LittleDog just plops down in the middle of the floor and naps, he doesn't mind the color of the carpet. Enjoy your new laptop! You can probably plug in a real keyboard, it's more ergonomically correct too.