Friday, May 18, 2012

Who spun all this yarn?

I had no idea how much handspun yarn I had created in the past few months. When I got it all out of the plastic shoe boxes for a trip to Eastern Market this weekend it was surprising. I'd already shipped some to my friend Shine (of yarn bowl/pottery button fame) awhile back and she has sold a couple of skeins for me at her booth.

Tomorrow I'm heading over to The D to help her with what will probably be the biggest weekend of the season at the market. Sunday is Flower Day so it'll be crazy busy and the weather is supposed to be beautiful. I'm excited!

Here's the handspun stash...

Hopefully I'll make a few dollars to help pay for my new laptop.  If not, no biggie, it'll be a fun weekend anyway.

There has been progress made on Wingspan...
loving it now that I'm about half way and can see better what it will look like. It's still a whole lot of garter stitch though.

I've been on staycation all week so the dogs have been enjoying their extra time to be outside. It's been nice and sunny and today wasn't so hot that you couldn't stand the sun...if you were a dog. LittleDog spent most of the day laying in the patch of sun in the back room.




Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you visited. If you'd like to see what some other creative folks are up to, hop over to Wisdom Begins In Wonder and check out the other participants in Fiber Arts Friday.

Have a great week!

17 comments:

Voie de Vie said...

Ok, that's some kind of excellent handspun pile! Seeing that in my stash would make me feel all warm and cozy on the inside. Just like, I suspect, how Little Dog feels laying in that sunny patch in the back room. :)

Have a great weekend with all of the flowers. Take a photo or two, ok?

Stitched Together said...

What a lovely pile of handspun yarn. I'm sure it will be snapped up.

thistledown musings said...

Nice, isn't it great to make something?

Heather Woollove said...

What a treasure that pile of handspun yarn is!!!
Have a wonderful weekend, Ally! XXO-

alliebugs425 said...

What a great stash! I would love to go through it next time I see you and get a skein from you! Have a great weekend and I wish you success in selling your yarn!

Sarah H. said...

Aww the jellybeans yarn and your purple/yellow yarn! I <3 your Jellybeans yarn

Kathryn Ray said...

Oh boy, I it sounds like everyone enjoyed your staycation. Have fun at the show... I hope you are sold-out. :-)

Melissa said...

Oh what nice yarn you created. Good luck at the market....enjoy the weather for me as I will be working but I'm enjoying the sunshine today!

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Super handspun, hope you manage to sell it.

Andria said...

Jealous of your homespun! Your wingspan looks wonderful too. Pug pics always make me smile :)

Vivian said...

That's a great big pile of handspun! I feel honored to have enjoyed it myself. I'm working on my Wingspan on and off, the garter stitch sure wears out fast.

Rascal is all stretched out sunning his belly. Puppy kisses to LittleDog!

Nichole said...

Happy FaF! What a lovely pile of handspun... here's hoping you make a bundle! Little Dog thinks you should check out the review we posted yesterday and use some of your earnings to order a popcorn container of yummy treats... :)

Spinster Beth said...

Lovely wingspan! I too am shocked at how much handspun I have accrued. Pet the little dog for me!

WonderWhyGal said...

Your Wingspan is gorgeous!
I remember when you weren't even going to spin and look at you now.

Beautiful work1

Margaret said...

That's quite a stash of homespun! Spinning like that takes talent. Very nice!
Love the little dog pics. My pug likes the sun spots too.

Natalie said...

Hi...you left a question about the green dye on my Friday post...I answered in my comments

Carol said...

You spinners are amazing! Have fun at the market.