Friday, May 25, 2012

I finished my Wingspan

Well, hello there!

Yet another week has passed. Have you done some fibery things?

I haven't had much time to knit this week but I did get my Wingspan finished. I had be happy with just 7 wedges as I didn't really want to be playing yarn chicken with this project. Next time I'll make sure I have enough yardage before I start. I'll see about getting better photos this weekend during daylight but for now, this'll have to do.
I won a contest on a blog last week. It was such a nice surprise. The mail carrier delivered this pretty package...
inside was this cute, very useful "wallet".
it holds everything you could possibly need "when you're in a pikle".
I'll be stashing it under the seat in my car for any such opportunities that may arise while I'm out and about.

It's blazing (83f) hot hereabouts and LittleDog can attest to it...
His tongue's been out like this since I got home. There's such a nice breeze that I hate to close up the house and turn on the a/c though, and we're cheap like that, LOL Too bad these dogs have to wear hair coats all the time. I'm sure we'll have to crank up the a/c this weekend as Sunday is supposed to be 91f. I believe if it gets there my feet will explode. ugh

Have a great week everyone. Don't forget to check out the Fiber Arts Friday peeps at Wisdom Begins in Wonder.

I'll leave you with a photo from last week's market experience.

11 comments:

Andria said...

Lovely wingspan! It is warm here too, my dog likes to roast herself in the sun, or as I "bake her brains." Then come in to cool off, then go back outside again. It amuses me.

WonderWhyGal said...

I still need to start my wingspan, color study, etc. Too many projects, too little time.

Keep Little Dog cool this weekend. It's going to be a scorcher.

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

Seeing all these gorgeous Wingspans everywhere - I definitely need to make one of my own.
I always feel sorry for my dog in the heat, too - if only he weren't the only lab who doesn't like water!

Heather Woollove said...

I think your Wingspan is wonderful! What an enchanting project...and beautifully done!

SissySees said...

Beautiful shawl! I haven't been knitting at all, but I plan to change that this weekend.

Julie said...

Thank you for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:
http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/05/show-your-stuff-25-butterfinger-cake.html

Voie de Vie said...

Poor LittleDog - fur coat or no, anything over 70F is too hot for me. :)

And I'm with everyone else - a very lovely Wingspan. What an incredibly popular pattern that has turned into this year.

Stay cool!

Vivian said...

Yay for finished Wingspan! I really need to work on mine.

Bucky used to get steamy hot in the summer, and I'd put a bowl of ice water in front of the fan on the floor, and he'd lay next to the bowl to enjoy the cool breeze.

Kathryn Ray said...

We give our dogs a fan and ice water on really hot days... also sometimes a cold carrot to chew on. ;-)

Enjoy the long weekend.

Your wingspan looks great!

Nichole said...

Beautiful Wingspan... LOVELY prize... CUTE little dog.... happy long weekend!

ps - if you haven't yet, little dog says go enter the Postal Puppy giveaway on my blog... he'd love it!

Kristyn said...

Your Wingspan is gorgeous.