Friday, December 7, 2012

FAF 12 07 12

Hello! Thank you for stopping here and checking out what's been going on. This post is part of Fiber Arts Friday, a blog circus hosted by Wisdom Begins In Wonder. If you'd like to see more fibery stuff created by other talented folks go check it out by clicking through the link.

It's been pretty busy around here this week. I've gotten over my Serenity-Blanket-is-finished let-down and gotten started on a new hat for someone special for Christmas. I enjoy colorwork.
Pattern: Skull Hat
Yarn: Cascade 220
Needle: US 7 & US 8
Provisional cast on

Since I had a day off on Wednesday I had time to get a couple pair of Pajammy pants mostly done for The Saint. He likes fun fabrics...

I'm wishing we would get some real winter weather. I have so much knitwear that I could employ if it would get and stay cold outside. It's a bit much when the temperature is 60F though.

Winston has enjoyed his no-holds-barred diet the past week. The vet said to give him anything he'll eat so he's been livin large in the food department. Val posted a link to a Daily Puglet post that I thought said it best. (get your hankies handy) It'd been awhile since I read it before and it was good a good reminder. Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. We appreciate them so much.

I finished a little pink scarf for this cutie last week...
Isn't Evelyn adorable? She's the daughter of my co-worker Angie. Thanks to her for taking this pic.

I hope you all have a great weekend and that you get to spend some time enjoying some fiber activities. Now I've got a few more seams to sew...

10 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

I can just imagine after knitting that blanket to switch to a smaller project. For me, it would be relief ;-)

I love the Skull Hat pattern though. I wish my sewing skills were better so I could make jammie bottoms. I know...practice.

Cathy said...

After that epic blanket project the hat will be a walk in the park :) Wish I could sew, buttons is all I do!

Chrisknits said...

I just need to sew some pj pants myself. They are never long enough! Love the hat in progress. I love color work too!! Hope pup is better. I will not follow your link, cause I am sure it will make me cry!!! I will just hug my doodles and read more knitting stuff.

Nichole said...

Happy FaF!

Vivian said...

So sorry about Winston, but glad he will enjoy the final journey, I'm sure he's loving all the food to his heart's content.

The skull cap looks great. I try to plan small projects after a big one, have a change of pace is always nice.

Kathryn Ray said...

You'll have to post photos of the jammie-pants when you're finished. I tried to make a pair for Hubba once... they didn not turn out well... but we laughed until we cried. :-)

Winston is lucky to have such a great family.

Margaret said...

I haven't stopped by in a while. The header picture is wonderful! Littledog looks so handsome.
That baby is so cute, too. I will stop back and see the progress on the skull hat. It looks interesting.

katie metzroth said...

The pink with her pretty blue eyes looks great. what a cutie! :)

MarmePurl said...

Cute baby and beautiful knitting all in one post. Lucky us readers!

Spinster Beth said...

I don't want to follow the link either for fear of crying, but I hope doggie gets better soon!