Friday, January 10, 2014

I've got some catching up to do...

whoa, it's been a while since I posted here. Seems as though Spinzilla must have killed me. No, not exactly, but it was a near death experience for my shoulder.

How've you all been? I need to get out and do some blog visiting this weekend. Judging by the weather forecast I should have plenty of time to do it. Rain on all this snow is going to make for some rough travel this weekend.
It was so much fun and I cannot believe how much spinning I got done, despite my slow start. I spun over 900 yds of singles in a week. All dark brown Corriedale from a sheep named Java.
I haven't spun much since then except with my Trindle. I love that little tool and it spins some pretty nice singles. I also did some Navajo ply on it last week and it was actually lots of fun.  Here's a pic of the finished yarn...the bigger skein is a 2 ply and the smaller one is Navajo plied which makes for a 3 ply. I like the 3 ply much better. What do you think?
It's been pretty busy here, with work and knitting and snow and ice, ugh. The Saint didn't let the snow and cold stop him from burning some meat for Christmas Eve...
I've been spending way too much time playing with this...
I have managed to get most of this sock finished...I'll be finishing the toe tonight, I hope.
We've been to a few basketball games to see the grandkids play, I knit a few gifts for friends and LittleDog has been working hard at getting enough sleep and keeping warm...
If you'd like to read about more creative folks hop on over to Wisdom Begins in Wonder where Andrea shares lots of other folks blogs for Fiber Arts Friday.

Sam wanted me to be sure and mention that after 3 months of coaxing he's finally sleeping on his new fangled dog bed.
It's great to be back again and I'll try not to be gone so long. Have a great week!

7 comments:

Chrisknits said...

Good to see we weren't the only ones cooking meat outside for Christmas. Although we cheat nowadays with an electric smoker instead of the fire burner style. I suck at keeping the temp up in a fire stoked smoker. LOL! Happy dog bed sleeping to the pup.

Vivian said...

It's been awhile! Glad to see you back in the blogging world, and look forward to a fiber-filled 2014.

Spinster Beth said...

Welcome back ... don't hurt yourself spinning so much all at once!!

Ginx Craft said...

You have been busy. I like the new look of your blog.

WonderWhyGal said...

I've missed your blog. Welcome back! I did enjoy everyone's spinzilla posts. Maybe next year, if I can figure out what went wrong with my registration. grrrrr

katie metzroth said...

That all looks fun! :) and I'm loving the look of the stripey sock. :)

katie metzroth said...

Your stripe sock looks lovely. Glad ya'll are surviving all this cold. It's warm here, but we are all struggling with the high levels of cedar pollen. Sure hope it rains tonight!!! :)