Friday, February 28, 2014

With a little encouragement...

I'm putting this post together. Thanks Vivian for giving me a push.

I think that since I post pics of the stuff I'm working on over on FB and Instagram that you'll all be tired of seeing my stuff. True? Please let me know if you still like to see it here.

Yesterday LittleDog had his dental cleaning and general maintenance. He's 8 yrs old now and the anesthesia makes me a bit nervous. He did great though and now has fresh breath again. It's nice while it lasts LOL.

He decided he needed to guard the pile-o-socks that was waiting to go in the laundry. Would you attempt to take a sock from this dog?

The Saint has been in recovery mode again. Ankle debridement this time. They removed some stuff that was floating around in there including the end of his tibia...owie!  Here he is, looking handsome in his hair net.
I've done a bunch of knitting...
Burton Bear Cowl
My new winter hat. My own design.
Chemo hat for my brother-in-law
Sock I'm currently working on.

I hope you're all getting some knitting done too. Thank you for stoping in to see what I'm up to

Be sure to check out the creative peeps at Wisdom begins in Wonder and Natural Suburbia.  Have a great week.

5 comments:

Chrisknits said...

Hope all recover from the teeth cleaning and surgery. I don't lose my handknit socks to my dogs, but they do steal the footies around this house. With 3 women in the house there's a lot of temptation! But they never take Hubster's socks?

Kathryn Ray said...

I never get tired of seeing your stuff.

Glad The Saint is feeling better.

Ginx Craft said...

You've been doing some lovely knits. I really like your own design hat. I would call it a Wee Willie Winky Hat. I do hope that makes sense to you.

Vivian said...

Welcome back to blog-land :-) Love the picture of LittleDog and your pile-o-socks. I'm amazed how many hand knit socks you have, more than the total I ever made.

WonderWhyGal said...

I'm glad to see your blog post! I'm not on Instagram although I do enjoy your FB posts. I know, it's hard to decide where to post. I figure, once a week I share on blogger so I can add everything as a wrap up then.

We've missed you xoxo

I love the sock guarding photo. Too cute and, as always, I love your projects.

Wishing the Saint a speedy recovery.

I do have a question, if you get a chance, PM with your answers. Since you are a prolific sock knitter, what yarns do you recommend to buy that will hold up to wear and tear. I have some lightly worn handknits I now have to darn and you know how hard it was for me to knit them and now I have to fix them after just a few wears. I'm not happy about that. So...I want to consider really hard what yarn I'm using before I cast on my next pair.