Monday, August 18, 2008

the stash is taking over Chez B...

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit...a flurry of migraines last week had me pretty much out of commission but I'm back and good as new. Thanks for askin.

Tonight I finally took out most of my stash all but that big tote under the bottom shelf in the corner, lol and arranged it on the bed so I could take in the full scope of what I was dealing with here.

I hate to point out that's a king-size bed, gah!

Speaking of yarn, I was at the Michigan Fiber Fest over the weekend and purchased 3 skeins of sock yarn...I really didn't need any more sock yarn...I'm sure some of you out there can relate...can't you?




I'm thinking I can use the skein of plain black yarn with all of my leftovers and make a pair of knee socks alternating stripes of black with stripes of the leftovers...it might work - please tell me it might...

I finished a pair of socks and started another - I know - it's some kind of sock-itis I think, lol.
Panda Silk, yummy! I also found a few WIPs while I was rooting around for skeins of yarn that were hiding in the office/sewing/crafting room. Another Irish Hiking Scarf, the Thistledown Shawl, a dishrag that I can't figure out how to do the border on, The Saint's Big A$$ Sweater...whew, I thought I had more than that, guess I'm not doing so bad after all.

Oops, forgot about the crazy ribbon shawl I have hidden in the drawer of the chair, and I think there's something else in there too but I'm not gonna look today, I'm too tired.

How's everybody's Ravelympic projects going? I'm hoping the 3rd skein of yarn I ordered for the scarf gets here so I can finish in time. The ShiBuiKnits is looking pretty fabulous and I decided since it looks so good I might as well make it long enough to look super decadent.

If you're gonna make something nice shouldn't you make it super nice?

The Saint is traveling again this week. St. Louis this time for the IBT National Black Caucus. He's staying right across the street from the Arch and he's made a trip over there to check it out already today between meetings. His comment was "you know, there is a museum below that Arch?". Who knew? Since he's a history hound I'm sure he really enjoyed his visit there. I hope he doesn't get too used to all this travel, I miss him.

It's time for bed and I haven't watched any Olympics tonight, I'm a little bummed about that but I am glad with what I've accomplished. I think I got all my stash photographed tonight and can start posting it all on Ravelry tomorrow evening while I'm waiting to go to Rena's for our weekly knitting visit.

Everybody have a great week. Thanks for stoppin in and please leave an opinion about the striped socks while you're here.

6 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

Hrm...I'm not great with colorwork, so I'm probably not the best person to ask. lol I'm glad you're feeling better, though!

Renee said...

Oooh, I like what you picked up at Fiber Fest! I really need to get moving on learning two socks at once, I think that will really motivate me. As for your search for UFO's....I don't even want to think about how many I have floating around here...I have a short project attention span!

Christine said...

I love the idea of you making knee socks with stripes from various leftovers! You can make a plain pair of black socks any day. I'm ordering pizza for tonight so be hungry :)

CollyB said...

Love the colour of the scarf and what a fab lot of yarn stash you have! I'm green with envy!

Darcy knotty Knitter said...

Wow I pulled all of my stash out once for picture taking that is a job within it's self.lol love the scarf.Hugs Darcy

Susan B. said...

Ally!

Good luck to you too with DRT the Sequel.

Last year was fun, but a bit disappointing to come in Fourth!

Did you know that Grace is on my team?

Susan -- TX