Sunday, August 24, 2008

14,196

That's the # of stitches in my Oly Scarf, and I did it in 17 days, phew! This was my project for Ravelympics 2008.

The events I chose were Scarf Stroke and Cable Steeplechase. What a bunch of fun it was.

It's as long as I am tall, LOL. sorry for the crappy photo quality

Project Specs

Yarn: 3 skeins of ShiBuiKnits Merino Alpaca
Purchased yarn at Thistledown Shoppe, Suttons Bay, MI
Needles: 10" aluminum straights (vintage)
Pattern: Irish Hiking Scarf



Amazingly, despite physical challenges, sock interruptions and having a full time job, I actually got it done in the allotted amount of time.

Cast-on 8/8/08 and finished 8/24/08 at 10:45am eastern time.

It was definitely a challenge but worth every stitch. As I finished the last few rows I thought about all the courageous, hard working athletes in this 2008 Olympic games they worked so hard to achieve their goals. And all the exciting events I watched in the past couple weeks.

It makes me so proud to have been a part of this fun even. I now can say I came to compete and I accomplished my goal.

Thanks to my family and friends who encouraged me and kept me going during the tough times, lol. Especially Rena, she's a great supporter - and a pretty good nurse too!

The Saint even let me use him as a prop for my shoot this morning...thanks Honey!

10 comments:

Christie said...

Good for you! Gold Metal!!!

Cass www.shutupimcounting.com said...

It's GORGEOUS!!!! Congrats! I love the color.

Bubblesknits said...

Congratulations! It looks great!

Rena said...

wow it looks awesome. are the olympics over already!!!! what a nice prize you got there in that scarf

Purl said...

Congratulations! I didn't finish my Obama socks (knit in Yes We Can colorway), but I will finish them during the convention.

wildflower38 said...

Congradulations Gold Metalist!!!!

Nichole said...

I absolutely love that scarf!

Kathy said...

Love that ShiBui. And the scarf looks great! Makes me want to finish mine. Such a fun pattern.

Darcy knotty Knitter said...

Mmmm yummy I have been thinking about red scarfs congrats!!Hugs Darcy

whywouldyouknitthat said...

The scarf is lovely. I love the pattern!