Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Saint and The Pirates

Hey everybody! Thanks for stoppin in last time and leaving comments...

It was a busy weekend with the End of Summer Family Fish & Spaghetti Soiree on Saturday - 25 folks showed up for a great meal and some good times.

On Monday I really didn't feel like cooking anything so The Saint was rummaging around in the kitchen about supper time...I was, um, knitting. After about an hour he said "dinner is served on the patio my dear"...I was a bit surprised since this is unusual and when I walked out there I
almost squealed...grilled RibEye steaks and shrimp with Jasmine rice and grilled veggies...Yep, that's why he's called The Saint. Spoils me, a-lot! Thanks Honey, the table looked fabo too.

So about the knitting...
I've turned the heel on my socks and had my first experience with the reinforcing yarn at the heel...I have a lot of loose ends...I think I'll just let them felt themselves over time...

As for the Pirates...check it out, my first two-color knitting project! With a provisional cast-on...I'm going all kinds of crazy with this project. I got the pattern free from the Hello Yarn site.

This has me so geeked I can't believe it. I'm having a bit of a challenge with the length of my circ so will be switching to a Magic Loop configuration as soon as I sign off here tonight. This is Dale of Norway Fauk with a size 2 needle.

Hope everybody is having as much fun knitting this week as I am.

I'll leave you this week with a couple of shots from the Saturday's soiree...for this party we let folks bring their children...boy, children are a lot of work!










They were loads of fun too. So long summer!

6 comments:

Christie said...

What a sweetheart!

Grace said...

i love visiting your blog and peeking into your lives!!!

wildflower38 said...

You had all that great food and didn't invite me over? Love your 2 socks a 1 time. I'm taking a stab at the too.

Linda said...

Gotta love someone who surprises you like that!

Nichole said...

fun, fun, fun...... I've been, um... knitting a lot lately too... and my other half has been a tremendouse cook lately, but he's never set such a fancy table!!

Gnat said...

Love the socks and the Pirates hat!! Did you see meghan's from stitch its??