Saturday, October 24, 2009

caught me

Hello! How are you? Whatchu been doin the last week or so?

I've been knitting and trying to stay dry...I am so tired of rain and wind and dreariness.

I have a nice Halloween sock done and have a good start on the second one that I cast on Thursday night...fastest socks ever. Yes, I intentionally made them not match and I put a different cuff on each one...kinda fits in with the Halloween concept I think. It was a struggle doing it though as I am incredibly a matchy kinda personality. I'm being strong though and making myself do them as individual creations, hah!

Started the first one just a week ago yesterday while I was hanging out at City Knitting. Gotta hurry so I can actually wear em on Halloween. The yarn is Austermann Step with Aloe. I love this yarn, it feels fabulous on your feet.

I think this afternoon I'll bake up some peanut butter cookies
just to have the smell in the house. This time of year I love to smell cookies baking or soup simmering.

Last weekend I was making a big pot of Chicken n Chorizo Stoup ala Rachel Ray, for which I had to brown some sliced chorizo in olive oil before adding the soupy part and The Saint caught me...

I'm a bit short for turning chorizo in the big pot on the stove so needed a little help. I didn't realize he was getting so sneaky with the camera til I downloaded to post this morning. snarky laugh here - thanks Honey!

I've been listening to loads of podcasts the past few weeks. If you like listening while you're knitting or sewing they're some pretty interesting folks out there. Here's a list of a few of my faves...you should check 'em out.

Hoxton Handmade
Craftsanity
MustStashYo
Stash & Burn

Gotta do some dishes then I'm off to City Knitting for a while, perhaps the yarny atmosphere will lift the gloom for a little while. You all have a great week. Thanks for stoppin by.

Boomer says hey!

5 comments:

clarabelle said...

Great photo of the chirizo-incident, The Saint (let's hope the Health & Safety mob aren't reading your blog, Ally)!

Love the Halloween socks (very appropriate colours), but sorry to hear about your grotty weather (ours is the same, if it's any consolation). And hey! Boomer, you handsome lad!

ps your spoon collection is lovely.

Channon said...

That's a great photo! Just wait 'til I download and share (one, maybe) the photos the Knight took today when I asked him to take a photo of me with a friend...

Nichole said...

Hey boomer man!
Pretty socks!

Grace said...

love the soup photo, I have always been tall too tall and I have a daughter who is barely 5 foot and she is 28 I will never understand genes Her sister is 5 6" and her brother 6'5" at least the height and lack of went to the right people

Bubblesknits said...

LOL I love the cooking picture. I completely understand, though. I can't see down in our tall pots either.

Love the Halloween socks!