Sunday, October 4, 2009

an ensemble for Sean

I finished a little baby hat today and it is so darn cute I can hardly stand it, even if I did knit it myself...
imagine a month old, red-haired boy in this.

I think I'll be making a few more of these. The hat is an adaptation of a pattern I found on Ravelry called Child's Ear Hat with Tassels by Louise Venables.

Instead of knitting it flat as directed I knit in the round, Magic-Loop style and Kitchener'd the top closed. Worked perfectly, looks very nice and no seams to sew! Of course I added the 3 row stripe so it would tie-in with the little booties I had already made. I hope his Momma likes them...

5 comments:

Grace said...

absolutely adorable!!!

Nichole said...

Love it!

Bubblesknits said...

Absolutely. Precious! I love the last picture with the bear modeling. heehee

clarabelle said...

Gorgeous, Ally! What lovely attention to detail for this little baby.

Marilyn said...

Oh, Ally --- what a darling hat and booties. What yarn did you use and what bootie pattern, if you don't mind sharing. I have a grandson arriving in March and love what this set of yours looks like. Marilyn