Friday, November 12, 2010

Fiber Arts Friday 11 12 10


Welcome to this week's installment of Fiber Arts Friday.   A weekly gathering of fiber enthusiasts from around the world.  Hop over to Wisdom Begins In Wonder and check out all the great things that they are teaching and learning about.

On Sunday I drove south for a gathering with my ZPDK peeps from down Battle Creek/Kalamazoo way and had a great time.

We knit
and wound
 and dyed
 
 
all over Heidi's old church-house.  Could not have been a better day.  Such a great bunch of crafty folks who share so much of each other and their fibery endeavors.  It's an honor and a privilege to be a part of this group a couple times a year.

I got more of Andrea's pretty fiber - the one on the top in this photo is 70% Suri-Wonderz White, 30% Merino Lavender...super soft and pictured here above my previous purchase from her, for color comparison.
and a couple of batts or pretty red-orange-brown-sparkly from Heidi too
I'm so happy with the pretty yarn I dyed
and best of all...I got to hang out with my friend Kim.  Oh, and I got my official ZPDK Shovel.    

 Bring on the zombies!  mwah-ha-ha!

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Hope you all have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Allison said...

Your green yarn is beautiful. I'd love to knit up something with that!

Channon said...

Your yarns are beautiful! Have a good weekend.

Nichole said...

Fun, fun, fun!

jessecreations said...

Andrea said you guys had never dyed before, but you all did a fabulous job!!

Jess

Word Lily said...

I love love love making batts and spinning from batts! Yours look lovely. Need to get me a drum carder! :)

Knot By Gran'ma said...

Love the colors! Your green skein is my favorite. Looks like lots of fun was had.

WonderWhyGal said...

I'm so glad you came down for the play day. I hope that we can do more and Heidi's place is nice because it's a wee bit closer for you to drive than my farm. 17 miles is 17 miles.

Can't wait for the next time to see you. BTW, your black hat is sassy. I saw the photos on FB.

Rena said...

I like your yarns!

Melissa Plank said...

Looks like a fun time, your spinning fiber and dyed fiber all look beautiful, I like those colors!

fiberdance said...

wish I could've been there-looked like fun-and fun colors too