Friday, November 19, 2010

Fiber Arts Friday 11 19 10

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!  Be sure to check out the great artists from around the globe who participate in this great collective.

Here's a funny little video for your enjoyment, it was created by Franklin Habit...creator of one of my favorite blogs...watch it at least twice, it's way funnier the second time...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edIlyY5_6EU

In addition to the blogs of the folks who participate in Fiber Arts Friday over at Wisdom Begins in Wonder I've been cruising through my Bloglines (and have to rejoice that they've decided not to shut it down).  It's like catching up with old friends you haven't seen in a while.  Ever since I stopped checking Bloglines (because, as stated earlier, they were shutting it down) I feel like I've lost touch with my peeps.  Not sure why but the blog subscription thingy here on Blogger just doesn't work out well for me.

Here are my favs of the week...

The Daily Puglet
 Frolic Blog
Tanya Brown's Blog
Tacky Living
Miss Print
Brooklyn Tweed
Posie Gets Cozy
Oh Fransson!

Hopefully you'll find something that makes you smile in one or more of these blogs.

There has been knitting here...
almost finished with the heel flap on the second of my red Summer Sox.
I wound my hand dyed yarn from the fun day at Heidi's.

and I picked up my new glasses, whatchu think about them?
Something different for me, I've never done a square-ish frame before...mostly stick with the round-ish type.

Thank you for stopping by, hope you all have a great weekend.  I'll be scrubbing up a wing-back chair I got on CL for 15 bucks.  It'll make a perfect knitting chair if I can get the cat dander out of it.  Until then, it has to stay in the garage...ugh.  I like cats but my lungs don't!

8 comments:

Nichole said...

LOVE those red socks!

Knot By Gran'ma said...

Yay! I didn't know they weren't shutting down bloglines. You just made my day! Love the red in those socks. Beautiful. The glasses look nice too. They sit well with your facial features.

WonderWhyGal said...

Your new specs are sassy!

I love the red socks too! You know I'm a sucker for socks though.

I love how your dyed yarn turned out in skein form. I can't wait to see how they knit up for you. I sold one of my skeins already. Debating about keeping the other pair for myself but...I can always make more and I did get photos before I sold them. Alas, until I start knitting socks...I'll just sell the hand dyed yarn.

Channon said...

Very hip and trendy! Love the new specs and the socks, and those dyed by you yarns...

Allison said...

Your dyed yarn has great vibrancy along with your socks! You are going to look very sophisticted knitting in those glasses.

Kathryn Ray said...

Love the glasses. I'm a big fan of the rectangular. I believe I'm on my 3rd pair. I'm sure I'll still be wearing them in 20 years and all the youngsters will be saying... oh that's so 2010. lol

Kathryn Ray said...

BTW the video is very funny and your yarn is lovely.

LollipoppsCreations said...

Seems like everyone is either knitting or crocheting. Might just have to whip out those needles and create something. I'm but rusty, but it's never too late i gues. Oh and i love those socks.