Friday, December 17, 2010

My head is spinning...

with all that I've experienced in the past week.  There was the upheaval at work, then the Woodland Weavers & Spinners Sale on Saturday and knitting at Urban Mill last night and I have spinning to look forward to on Sunday.  Mix in some holiday shopping...online, of course...and I's been an awesome week.

Yummy BFL and Romney (notice the sparkly Firestar?) and some fragrant soap arrived in my mailbox this week from Counting Sheep Farm
I've been knitting a scarf for a little friend - Scrunchable Scarf - super simple, in Berroco Softwist...not crazy about the yarn as the little bit of shiny that is wrapped around the main yarn keeps snagging on things.  It is drapey like silk though and oh-so-soft
Now that I've found the joy of mp3 audio from Audible.com my yarn is slowly replacing my books in the office.  I've been slowly purchasing KIS shoe storage boxes for my yarn and fiber.  I wanted to be able to see what I have stashed to remind myself that I need to knit/spin faster/more.  Plus, I bought all this stuff because it was pretty and I want to be able to see the pretty every single day. 


That thick book there above the green and red yarn...that's my new copy of Alden Amos' Big Book of Handspinning...
I got it for a steal from Amazon, used, $18.00...does it look used to you?  The binding still crackles when you open it.

Yesterday lunch was spent on a trip to see a guy about making a new maiden for my estate sale spinning wheel.  He had some beautiful turned wood pieces and we got to talking about the possibility of him making drop spindles and yarn bowls...I could have talked with him for hours but I had to get back to work, dangit.  Anyway, he's got an Etsy shop with some of his stuff for sale you should check it out.  Matt's a really nice guy and his stuff is cool.

The holiday music is playing and the animals are all konked out...

Thanks so much for spending a few minutes here, I really do appreciate each one of you.  There are other fiber artists who'd love to show and tell you what they've been up to this past week.  Be sure to check out Fiber Arts Friday over at Wisdom Begins in Wonder.

9 comments:

Channon said...

I haven't gotten into audio books yet, but I love my Nook! Maybe my yarn and fiber would like to live in the study where the books leave room?

Dutch Hollow said...

I'm jealous of your nook. Everything looks so organized.

That is one big puppy stuffed into a small bed. I've actually found one of my dogs half in a cat carrier asleep before. I guess they just love small spaces.

Melissa Plank said...

Everything looks so nice and organized, ahh, gotta love it! Hope your wheel gets refurbished super fast so you can start making yarn on it!

Kathryn Ray said...

Sounds like everything is just perfect at the B house. :-)

WonderWhyGal said...

I love your fiber containment storage facility. Your new fluff is gorgeous. I've been eyeing some Counting Sheep goodies myself.

It's amazing what books you can find for a steal. I think people buy them with good intentions then never crack the binding. Their loss is your gain.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday.

Allison said...

I just got organized myself with clear containers and lots of sorting!

jessecreations said...

Looks like you've got a good storage system going! I have been trying to use clear plastic 3-drawer sets for my yarn, but my fiber is still in one giant bin. Baby steps. :)

Halfpint said...

Beautiful new fluf,, in fact lots of beautiful all round- I love the idea of having yarn where you can see it and enjoy the pretty

Bubblesknits said...

Love the idea of clear boxes. :) Makes it easy to see what colors you have. I'll do something like that in the future, I think. Hubster surprised me a couple months ago with some fabric bins (he even put the yarn in them for me), so I don't have the heart to change them any time soon. ; )