Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesday 01 04 11

It's good to get back into a routine after slackin around the house for 11 days.  You know you're in trouble when you sleep til 9 every morning, the usual wake-up time is 5:45am and your back aches cuz you been layin in bed too long.  It was a great 11 days though.  I had lots of time for spinning and knitting. 

I'm trying to keep the momentum up with the spinning.  I find myself thinking about it several times during the day at work and wishing I could just spin for 20 minutes or so and relax.  It's comforting for some reason.  I'm hoping this is not an unusual occurance. 

Yesterday I got two nice packages in the mail.  Very nice roving from St Seraphina Knits on Etsy
100% Superwash Corriedale and a beautiful beaded orifice hook that I found on eBay.  I cannot find the orifice hook at the moment but it was made by the same person at the linky.  Photo to come if it's at the office when I get back there tomorrow.  I'm hoping it's in the lunch bag that I left in my office at work. 

The hat I'm making for my son is progressing nicely.  Fingering weight yarn on size 1 needles makes for a slow go though when you're making a hat for a man with a 23 1/2" bean!  I'm really liking how it's looking so far.  Whatchu think?

Well, I'm off to sit in my comfy chair and watch a few more episodes of Victorian Farm.  The link is to the first 10 min segment but there are many segments. If you're like me you better find a comfy chair before you start watching them.  I cannot stop!  You can go from one installment to the next on YouTube and I spent almost 2 hours watching it the first night.  It was produced by BBC and the first video explains the project and who's involved.  Fascinating!  Makes me want to have a little farm with a couple of sheep and a couple of pigs and a couple of ducks...uh, this is sounding a bit like I'm getting ready for a flood...ahem

LittleDog says it's no fun having to scratch his own head when I'm so busy spinning and knitting...

I hope you all have a fabulous week.  I know I will.

5 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

I'm afraid that when I do get a new job I will have that longing to be on the farm scooping poo, spinning and loving my fiber life but I need health insurance...I already understand your longing and I haven't lost my opportunity to act upon it yet.

The roving is delicious to look at so I bet it will be amazing to spin.

I love the hat too. Size 1? Yikes!

Kathryn Ray said...

Spinning is comforting to me as well.

Your hat looks great. I'm currently working on my 2nd and 3rd hats using #2s. I really like using them, I guess. ;-)

The Victorian program looks very interesting. I'm sure I will have to catch a few episodes. Thanks for the tip.

Bubblesknits said...

It was so very rough on the Karate Kid this morning. He's gotten used to sleeping till 10 each morning, so 6:30 came awfully early. lol

Love that roving, btw!

Caryn said...

You're perfectly normal to dream of spinning while at work-I do!
Such bright and cheery roving. Can't wait to see what it becomes. BTW-I have the same wheel as you and I love it. I love the hat, it looks so warm and squooshie!
Scratches to little dog!

Nichole said...

Hmprf... you mean little dog must scratch his OWN head?? We are not pleased with this news...

Zeus, Lola, Tut & Sophie

=)