Friday, May 27, 2011

Not so endless waffle stitch after all

I have finally reached the blocking stage on The Big Ass Sweater!!!!  I'm so excited knowing I'll soon be doing endless Mattress Stitch...NOT!

Ta Da!  Raglan sleeves!


When I hold this sleeve up against my body it reaches from my waist to my ankle...that's a lotta sleeve. Have I mentioned how happy I am to be done with the waffle stitch part of this project?  Now to soak, block and seam this baby so I can get the 5 rows of K1,P1 rib done at the neck and get this OFF my list of UFOs.

In other crafty news I've been doing a bit of sewing for a co-worker's new baby...
Reverse applique on 8" blocks.  Now I just have to figure out how I want to quilt it.

And I'll leave you with a few photos from one of our recent spinning meet-ups.

 

Have a safe and fun holiday weekend.  Happy Fiber Arts Friday to you all!  Be sure to check out the peeps over on Andrea's blog.  There's always something fun to see there.

12 comments:

Heather Woollove said...

What fun...looking forward to seeing the completed sweater!!

WonderWhyGal said...

ooooh, man! If you finish your big ass sweater then I will feel compelled to finish my "pain in the ass" sweater. tehehe, I really should take it out of time out.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend.
Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

Dutch Hollow said...

Ooo soon it will be the big ass finished sweater!

Kathryn Ray said...

Yay for being almost done on the Big Ass Sweater!!

Kathryn Ray said...

Oh Yay!! I was able to leave a comment... I've been in infinite Blogger Do Loop all morning. :-/

Melissa Plank said...

Yes, I agree, Yea! It's almost done. That sweater has been a labor of love. Nice group of spinners ya got there, best wishes, have a great Fiber Arts Friday.

Nichole said...

Hope you have a wonderful long weekend! Happy FAF!

Kristyn said...

Congrats on finishing the knitting on the Big Ass Sweater!!!

Melissa said...

I had to read your post to my hubby along with all the comments on your Big Ass Sweater. I knew he would also get a chuckle out of it too.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

Spinster Beth said...

OOoooh an almost-FO ... I'm happy for you! Can't wait to see it finished!

fiberdance said...

the sweater is almost there.. and I always love pictures of spinning wheels

Bubblesknits said...

You're getting closer! I remember when you started that sweater. : ) It's going to look fabulous when it's finished.