Friday, May 6, 2011

Toasted Marshmallows?


That's what this looked like when I got it spread out on the table last Friday.  If you click on the picture and biggie-size it you'll see that it's actually a bit more than 5 lbs of super soft Cormo fleece.  I split this with a friend.  I washed part of my half last weekend and it is oh-so-wonderful!  I just want to pet it, a lot.  The fluff on the left in the next pic has been combed and the other has not.  There are not enough adjectives to describe the awesomeness of this fleece that we bought from Rachael at Counting Sheep Farm.
There is a nest in the bottle tree on our deck.
A tree that was scheduled for demolition as soon as the weather got warm this spring.  Guess the demo will have to wait til these pretty little things hatch and their occupants fly away.

I'm so glad The Saint had that telescoping mirror.  He's like Inspector Gadget you never know what useful stuff he'll pull out of his garage (yes, I know Inspector Gadget just pulled stuff out of his trench coat but The Saint doesn't have a trench coat).  The nest is just high enough that we can't see into it.  Aren't they pretty eggs?  I love Robin's Egg Blue.  Mama Robin was staying pretty close while we were out there on the deck grilling our dinner.  She was waiting patiently for us to get away from her babies.  I heard her out there singing this morning.  Such a pretty song too.

I wonder what fibery stuff all my friends have been working on this week...check it out at Wisdom Begins in Wonder.  Thank you so much for stopping in.  Be sure to say hey in the comments so I'll know you were here.

12 comments:

Dawn said...

That cormo looks divine! So soft and fluffy! I can't wait to see it after you spin it up.

How exciting about the robin's eggs! We have lots of bird feeders in our yard and I love watching the birds. Enjoy your baby robins!

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

Heather Woollove said...

Great fiber...and what beautiful eggs!! Have a great weekend! XXO-

Nichole said...

Fluffy, fluffy marshmallows!!!
still LOVE your bottle tree!

Melissa said...

Ohhh, lucky you. That fleece does look yummy.

I love your bottle tree. What a fun idea and then to have a bird nest in it.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

Kathryn Ray said...

Wow! You have been so busy with fleece. It's so beautiful washed up.

And the nest? Love it in your bottle tree. :-)

WonderWhyGal said...

ooooh, I love Cormo. How is the fleece to wash? I have to say I've had a very bad raw wool experience and now I am shying away from buying it raw again.

Love the beautiful display in your tree...your Saint is truly a Saint to mama Robin.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

Melissa Plank said...

Pretty fleece, and the robin's nest too! Have a great week, happy spinning!

Dutch Hollow said...

Wow that does look like a toasted marshmellow, very soft and so WHITE!

Hello little blue eggs. The darn crows destroyed a robin's next on our porch last weekend. I was so mad, I love watching the little bodies with a mouth attached pop out and cry for food.

Spinster Beth said...

The cormo is fabulous ... what are you going to do with it? Do you know yet?

Voie de Vie said...

Hello AllyB! Love those robin's eggs. I have never actually seen them in the wild - they are quite beautiful.

And I love that bottle tree. :)

Marushka C. said...

I love the fleece you're working on. Thanks for the picture of the robin's nest -- that's so great.

Margaret said...

I went to the MD Sheep and Wool Festival yesterday, and saw tables and tables of fleece. It looked a lot like your table. I saw a lot of fleece still attached to the sheep, too!
Nice nest shot. One day you'll put that mirror up and see little mouths I bet.