Friday, April 29, 2011

FAF April 29, 2011

Well, I've had a busy week, how bout you?  There's been washing, picking and carding, spinning and knitting.

The first of the Olympic Medals socks is finished.
There is a growiing pile of Jacob rolags on my table...
and I have some quilt squares cut so I can start putting a baby quilt together for a friend.  It'll be reverse applique, the white will be on top with the color showing through the cut-outs.  Heart shaped flowers with tulip stems and leaves.  Should be fun!  I'll bet you can't guess it's for a little girl...

Took 1/2 day of vacation today as I'm heading off to White Cloud with Paula, Heather and Erica. There will be sheep shorn at about 3pm.  Making a short stop at Hillside Jacobs to see he has any more Jacob or Shetland fleece that we can't live without then on to Counting Sheep Farm.  Can't wait to get there and say hey to Rachael and hopefully Evelyn.

Gary at Hillside tells me he still has a few light weight fleeces that he'd like to sell.  He's very reasonable and the Jacob is soft and colorful.

LittleDog mentioned the other day that he hadn't had any blog time lately so I'll share his play time with you from the other night.  We could use a few laughs around here.
His toy is a sheep, hehehe.  His most favorite thing to do is sit on me while I'm knitting and watching tv...

I hope you and your families are all safe and dry with a roof over your head.  It's been pretty scary around the USA and I know that we've spent our fair share of time worrying about loved ones in the path of destruction in the south.  Our son spent some time huddled in a ballroom with hundreds of folks in a hotel in Atlanta while the storms passed in the middle of the night.  We have family in Mobile, Birmingham, Jasper and Cordova, Alabama.  So far, with what little communication we can get through down there almost everyone is accounted for.  One Uncle has not been heard from yet but I'm sure as soon as someone knows something about him they'll let us know.  Tense times for sure.  Be safe and enjoy some fiber this weekend.

You can visit other fibery and fun folks at Wisdom Begins in Wonder.

7 comments:

Melissa Plank said...

Have a fun fiber adventure with the spinning ladies...are you renting a U-Haul to bring all your fiber back?

Dawn said...

That Jacob looks lovely! Have fun this weekend! I can't wait to see what you come home with. :)

Kathryn Ray said...

The Jacob Rolags are beautiful and it's nice to see Little Dog again.

I hope you hear from the rest of your family soon and that all is well.

Paulastark@aol.com said...

Glad you gave the pup some time. Your rolags look lovely. Great day being on the trail of sheep fleece.

WonderWhyGal said...

ooooh, Jacob! I am envious that you are getting to go to these shearings and buying the wonderful wool. I love my Alpacas but I love Jacob, Finn and... too. Enjoy your new fiber.

The socks look great and I can't wait to see how the quilt looks.

Nerdy Knitter said...

oh little dog to the rescue. glad you got to go on a fun fiber adventure!

Vivian said...

The news from the south has been chilling, hope your family is all doing well.

Love Little Dog's pictures! We have a saying around here, when the pug gets in the game, that's "The End"!