Sunday, April 10, 2011

The sheep fumes are...

making me light-headed...this is a Corriedale named Java from Chickasaw Farm in Reed City...

 M & M and her new lamb (just a couple days old)

from Hillside Jacobs I got two Jacob fleece from sheep named Jennifer & Vanilla...

 and a sheep named Gus, I can't remember what breed he was though, I want to say he was a Ram lamb...
there will be much wool soaking and spinning around here in the next few months.  I'm planning on leaving the Jacob as variegated as possible to preserve the variety of color like the sheep themselves.
Jacob Ram

3 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

Can I say "jealous"? I love Jacob. Enjoy your stinky fleeces. I know that you will spin them into beautiful non-stinky yarn ;-)

CraftyCripple said...

I can't wait to see how the fleeces spin and then knit up. They look fantastic.

Teje said...

Hello! What a wonderful post as your other posts as well! So much lovely wool!
Teje