Friday, April 1, 2011

FAF 04 01 11

 Hey!  I'm glad you enjoyed that little trip to the 70s last week.  Welcome to another Fiber Arts Friday post.  Don't forget to visit all the fun, creative peeps that participate over on Andrea's blog

This week's progress on my test sock...

That's a anklet cuff, a heel and half a foot. The yarn is from my first adventure in yarn dying.  I'm happy with the way it's knitting up.  I'm also knitting the heel of a sock for Val (heels are not her favorite part of knitting) and making a bit of progress on my Olympic socks.  I feel like I'm spread a little thin this week, not really sure why.  I even had to take a little nap when I got home from work yesterday.  Something I never do.  Today is a new day, however, and I have a busy day ahead of me at work.   No time for napping today.

My thought for the week...there is no better way to celebrate fiber arts than gathering with friends.  
Click photos to biggie size them.



 Last Sunday afternoon we took over Urban Mill with our spinning and knitting.  I adore Paula's little wheel in the bottom photo.  Isn't she pretty?

Have a wonderful day and a fun weekend.  I'll be spinning with the Grand River Spinners on Sunday at Biggby on the Beltline.  I can't wait to see what Heather has made with her new drum carder.

15 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

Love the socks! I was wondering with all of your amazing spinning if you were still knitting socks.

I wish I could get a nap too.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

Tamara said...

Looking forward to GR Spinners on Sunday! Nice socks and green...spring....sigh.

Heather Woollove said...

What a sweet friend you are to help with the hard part of your friend, Val's socks!!
Fiber artists are the best people ever!!!

Melissa Plank said...

That's a great looking group there, I bet they're all really nice, and I can see they are busy, busy, busy on their projects!

Kathryn Ray said...

It must be in the air. I felt a need for a nap yesterday too, but didn't get it. :-/

I like the inaction spinning photo. Very cool with the whorl spinning about. :-)

Word Lily said...

That's a great-looking sock in progress! Yay for hand-dyed!

Dutch Hollow said...

Cute socks!

Love the photos, looks like a garden of spinning wheels!

Melissa said...

Love your socks. I just bought 3 sock dying kits on sale at Your Local Yarn Shop to try my first sock dying experience.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

Leah said...

Socks, socks, socks! You always make me want to knit more socks! lol. Yours are beautiful.

Can't wait to see everyone on Sunday. One of these days I will make it to Urban Mill too.

Nichole said...

OH what fun - love the socks - happy Friday!

Spinster Beth said...

Lovely sock color! Thanks for the fun photos, I have yet to participate in a mass knit/spin event. Looks like fun!

Teje said...

Hello! Oh what lovely things...so wonderful socks and those amazing wools with lovely colours in your other post! It would be the best to meet crafty friends!
Thank you for your sweet comment!
Teje
Ps. Hugs for your qute friend!

Voie de Vie said...

Ok, I loved that green hand-dyed yarn last week, and I'm still lovin' it this week. Green is awesome. :)

Have a fun, spinning weekend!

Cheri said...

Love your dog!!! We have a Pekingese, another flat nosed doggie. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my Queen Anne's Lace scarf!

Vivian said...

Fiber arts are indeed social activities. I'm now planning my knitting and picture taking around my blog post on Friday. So fun to be with a group of talented fiber people!