Friday, April 15, 2011

Soaking fleece

This post is presented to you today as part of Fiber Arts Friday.  Hop over and see all the talented peeps on Wisdom Begins In Wonder.

I guess my first attempt wasn't all that successful so I soaked again, with different equipment.

Three piece cat litter box, new, of course.  Hot water goes in solid pan, fleece goes in pan with grate and easy-peasy, soaking fleece.  This is some of the Jacob I got on Sunday.  It's so pretty and soft.


Speaking of Sunday, I also hung out with my Spinning/Knitting peeps at Urban Mill in the afternoon.  It was fun as always and we even had a couple of new fiberistas join us.
 Heather helping Scott get his next project started
 Deb, Sarah and Susan hard at work
 Scott's Mom and our newest friend Theresa
This last pic is my Viv.  Isn't she pretty with her Mojave roving drape?


Believe it or not, I actually have done some knitting this week too.  I made good progress on The Big Ass Sweater and did a few more rows on the Olympic Stripes socks.  Mostly I've been spending my every waking hour thinking about getting all this fleece clean so I can spin it.  And now I have plans to go up to Counting Sheep Farm for a shearing on the 29th.  Even took half a day off work.  There will be Cormo and Finn and Jacob, oh my!  Wish me self restraint!  mwah-ha-ha-ha!

12 comments:

Caryn said...

I picked up 2 romney fleeces yesterday from a lady down the road-thanks for the cat litter box idea! That's great; I've been using mesh fiber bags. Enjoy the lanonlin fumes!

Nerdy Knitter said...

wow fibery!! Pretty amazing how that works the washing and stuff!!! Self restraint hahahah

Melissa Plank said...

Great pictures, good luck with your scouring.

Voie de Vie said...

Boy, it's that shearing time of the year - that's all I'm bloggy reading about at the moment! Definitely post pics when it's all clean and dry - I'd love to see the "after."

Spinster Beth said...

You're having a super duper fibery friday ... wow! Everything looks great, I am looking forward to seeing the dried, clean fleece!

WonderWhyGal said...

oooooh, drool! I wish I could go with you. All of my favorite wool and the Counting Sheep fiber is so yummy!

I wish I could give you pointers for cleaning wool but...it is so stinking (literally) different from Alpaca that I don't like to work with it raw (although I really want to learn)

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

Melissa said...

I've never tried washing sheep fleeces just alpaca. I have a friend who just throws it in her washer.

Can't wait to see the finished pics.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

Kim Wood said...

Are you coming to Andrea's Alpaca day on the 23rd? Will I ever get to see you and all your awesome spinning?

fiberdance said...

I just love washing fleeces-its so satisfying when you end up with the soft fluffy stuff.

Kathryn Ray said...

Good luck with all of that washing. :-)

Tamara said...

Viv is a beauty! See you at spinning on Sunday.

Heather Woollove said...

Feeling jealous of both you and Andrea with all of your wonderful area fiber groups. I'm lonely here in Philadelphia! Waaaaah. Grin.